Cylon citizen mask old and new info - Hand-schaub

Who are they!? The little known Cylon Civilians - build threads and info on the Citizens of our mighty Cylon Empire can be found here.
Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Re: Images wanted for Cylon citizen mask (new build)

Post by Hand-Schaub » Fri May 06, 2011 11:38 am

oh - and I made the wires really long so the battery and control board can be placed somewhere either inside or outside.

I don't think of this as a costume piece so I didn't give that part too much thought.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Fri May 06, 2011 11:57 am

I think it would be no problem figuring something out for it...

I also like the red tinted plastic you've used for the eyeslit. It gives the whole thing a better Cylon look and cover the wearers eyes a bit more. Genius!
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Got some more news for the civilian masks! I kind of think I found the closest possible match to the nose detail 'light bulb".
I have been looking at miniature light bulbs for automotive parts and such. I did find some close ones as you can see from the one Redeye has. Funny thing is that I can't find those anymore! Anyways I always thought I would still find one in the electronics department because nearly ALL the other parts are from electronics. Well...I did.

I have no idea what a Mercury tilt switch does except I presume it has something to do with temperature. Anyways, it fits the bill as far as size is concerned. It has a nipple on top as well as the spade on the base. The drop of mercury in it looks really cool and kind of dangerous. Anyways - It mae my night to find this part.
Also shown is a sampling of all the 'raw' parts I have toclean and assemble for on of these guys.
Attachments
IMAG0820.jpg
IMAG0821.jpg

groupleaderzeta
Squadron Leader

Re: Cylon citizen mask old and new info - Hand-schaub

Post by groupleaderzeta » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:00 am

A mercury tilt switch is used like a tip over safety switch. The switch is placed slightly lower at the tip to keep the mercury from touching the contacts. when the switch is tipped and the mercury move and contacts the contacts it switch on often used in alarms. As such when the object is tilted to a preset angle the alarm sounds.

hope this helps

zeta

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Re: Cylon citizen mask old and new info - Hand-schaub

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:30 am

nice work!
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

Return to “Civilian Builders' Forum”