S.T.A.R. / Sentry redesign

The USS Palomino discovers a black hole with a lost ship, the USS Cygnus, just outside its event horizon. The brave crew sets out to solve the mystery of the Cygnus but must beware the black hole, an abyss from which no one can escape...
Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

S.T.A.R. / Sentry redesign

Post by Red Eye » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:18 pm

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: S.T.A.R. / Sentry redesign

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Oh my! VERY COOL.
I like the shoulders - how they echo Max's shoulder setup. What a creative image - all the way from concepts to the finished art... I love it!!!

It will be very interesting to see the new Sentry suits in the remake... FINGERS CROSSED they are still guys in suits, not 100% CGI. Hollywood needs to get back to practical effects. To me, some CGI can't capture the charm of practical effects - due to their digitally perfect 2-D nature. They have their place to push movies into total awesome, yes indeed, but a great costume can still steal the show :)

ANOTHER great find, Red Eye. YOU ARE THE MAN!
Thanks for sharing it with us all.

Looking forward to the new Black Hole! I'll be there opening night.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Nice upgrade, but it seems like it lost a bit of the original look with the exception of the weapons. That then brings it back to life of what this should be. Nice find.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 am

Thanks.

As a big fan of the original Sentries, I also like this new design. They look a lot more menacing now.

Thankfully, the concept of the double-barreled lasers wasn't ignored at all. They're to cool to be left out! :cool:

Hope hte new "Black Hole" production team will give him a call to redesign ALL the robots...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Return to “The Black Hole - General Discussion”