The Robots of "The Black Hole"

The USS Palomino discovers a black hole with a lost ship, the USS Cygnus, just outside its event horizon. The brave crew sets out to solve the mystery of the Cygnus but must beware the black hole, an abyss from which no one can escape...
goldcylon1
First Centurion

Re: The Robots of "The Black Hole"

Post by goldcylon1 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:35 pm

trooper18938 wrote:Great thread - Those Italian magnetics are cool - I never saw the sentry before......
Wish I still had my 3" Megos, had Vincent, Max, a few Sentrys w/ pistols, ..... sadly they were sold at a local flea market circa 1984 when anything that wasn't Star Wars was gotten rid of ... Yes, including my Galactica figures, including a few different lucifers.... Blasphemy, I know....

I'd definitely be interested in a Sentry helmet or two..... one maroon, and one black like S.T.A.R.

Thanks they were too cool for me to get rid of. I have the boxes as well the Black S.T.A.R is the rarest of the three.

Goldcylon@cox.net

trooper18938
Patrol Leader

Post by trooper18938 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Black S.T.A.R. is the most underated, but coolest "compilation" character there is - Disney melded Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper, and turned it into a Cylon Commander.... copy/clone/derivation, yes, but still cool......

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:43 am

I don't know if anyone here already knows it, but the original S.T.A.R. stunt helmet is also still around.

It's in very good shape considering it's age:

Image Image Image Image

It was made of thick latex instead of fiberglass and was mainly used during S.T.A.R.'s meltdown scene after he'd lost the shooting contest against V.I.N.CENT.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:06 am

Red Eye wrote:I don't know if anyone here already knows it, but the original S.T.A.R. stunt helmet is also still around.

It's in very good shape considering it's age:

Image Image Image Image

It was made of thick latex instead of fiberglass and was mainly used during S.T.A.R.'s meltdown scene after he'd lost the shooting contest against V.I.N.CENT.
I wonder what condition its in as the latex doesnt hold up very well. It gets sicky and rots over time.
Goldcylon@cox.net

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:35 am

Perhaps it was properly conserved... :huh:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:29 pm

Maybe it was stored at a very cold temp by chance?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

trooper18938
Patrol Leader

Post by trooper18938 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:52 pm

WOW! Thanks for posting these up..... is this the one that was featured on the Propstore's website a few months back? I can't remember exactly, and the photos weren't up the last time I checked. Latex, interesting....

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:41 am

trooper18938 wrote:WOW! Thanks for posting these up..... is this the one that was featured on the Propstore's website a few months back? I can't remember exactly, and the photos weren't up the last time I checked. Latex, interesting....
Were these the ones you had in mind:

Image Image

trooper18938
Patrol Leader

Post by trooper18938 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:55 am

Ah yes, those are the ones. I must've been thinking about the black background..... So there exist one humanoid mask/gloves, 2 red sentrys: this helmet, and the other helmet/torso....and the black latex mask as survivors...? I understand if information needs to be kept private, I'm just jazzed that there is some new info floating about these props and their possible replicas.

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:40 am

I really hope I can show the first pictures of my replica helmet very soon...

I'm also thinking about making the chestplate as well. We have to do it anyway, then why not together with the helmet?

It would be cool if some new information about the Sentries would show up one day... I still can't imagine that all the costumes were destroyed back then... perhaps it's waiting for its rediscovery in some old Disney or collector vault... :huh:

trooper18938
Patrol Leader

Post by trooper18938 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Fingers crossed - this subject is pretty small potatoes compared to the rest of the Sci-fi universe, so maybe we'll get lucky with something turning up. I'm just happy there is something new around... I've been through all that Stormtrooper B.S. - got what I wanted, and got burned , too.... a proper Cylon is out of reach right now (just have the helmet)

but a Sentry or 2 with chest plates would be awesome!!!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:08 pm

I think if the new TRON movie does well... Disney will try The Black Hole again. In fact, in the new TRON there is a classic Black Hole movie poster in the boy's bedroom (you can see it in the trailer for the movie).
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

trooper18938
Patrol Leader

Post by trooper18938 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:51 pm

A-ha! thanks for the heads up - I'll have a closer look at that trailer......leave it to the kings of marketing at Disney to plant the seed, you're probably correct about the remake

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 am

trooper18938
Patrol Leader

Post by trooper18938 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:24 am

Red Eye - wonders never cease..... Thanks again. The poster is prominently centered in the shot, acting as a background to the flailing Tron figurines in the foreground (foreshadowing the BH movie?)

Return to “The Black Hole - General Discussion”