Free Cylon Backpack and Neck peice Kits now available :)

Metasequoia, Pepakura, and the like
BazookaJo
Centurion

Free Cylon Backpack and Neck peice Kits now available :)

Post by BazookaJo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:35 am

As above http://bazookajo.me.uk/ - Just add mirror card :)

Regards

Paul.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:23 am

Great work Paul. Thanks for the effort you have put into these pieces.

BazookaJo
Centurion

Post by BazookaJo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:38 am

GoldCylon wrote:Great work Paul. Thanks for the effort you have put into these pieces.
Your welcome :)

BTW - It turns out Box.net will not allow direct links if cookies are disabled in your browser (I wonder why). The beauty with box.net was that a) it was free, and b) it kept a record of the number of downloads.

Looks like I'll have to find another home for my files - If anyone can suggest a free alternative with the same (download count) features I'll shift my files ASAP.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:16 pm

I was just talking with my site programmer last weekend about me being able to host non picture files. He will be setting up sometime a site to site upload folder. Once that is complete I'll be posting audio, zip, and other type of files. I'll be able to host the files you have put up for downloading, but not till that site programmer has set it up for me.

BazookaJo
Centurion

Post by BazookaJo » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:45 pm

Cheers GC

Will I still be able to count the number of downloads?

If not there are a few other filesharing sites - just need to find one which counts the downloads but won't delete my files if it goes quiet for a bit :)

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:51 am

Paul, let me add a note of praise on your craftsmenship, as well as your obvious talent. Mix that with your wonderful generousity in making this free (most folks would have tried to see the plans for a few dollars), and you present yourself as a man of substance. Take a metaphorical pat on the back!!

BazookaJo
Centurion

Post by BazookaJo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:24 am

cybertrooper wrote:Paul, let me add a note of praise on your craftsmenship, as well as your obvious talent. Mix that with your wonderful generousity in making this free (most folks would have tried to see the plans for a few dollars), and you present yourself as a man of substance. Take a metaphorical pat on the back!!
Cheers CT - you have the paper modelling community for that. There's so many talented guys out there knocking out awesome stuff for free I'd be too embarrased to charge - there's even a guy* working hard on an idiot-proof tutorial for the sweeping eye to go with the helmet based on the cylon Jack-O-Lantern...
http://forum.zealot.com/t156060/#post791789
*Name's Ekuth - I think he may be registered here - he's also been helping with the suit.

Now all we need is the rest of the parts and a cheap-@ss vocoder and we're away :)[/url]

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:17 pm

BazookaJo wrote:
Cheers CT - you have the paper modelling community for that. There's so many talented guys out there knocking out awesome stuff for free I'd be too embarrased to charge - there's even a guy* working hard on an idiot-proof tutorial for the sweeping eye to go with the helmet based on the cylon Jack-O-Lantern...
http://forum.zealot.com/t156060/#post791789
*Name's Ekuth - I think he may be registered here - he's also been helping with the suit.

Now all we need is the rest of the parts and a cheap-@ss vocoder and we're away :)
Yes Ekuth signed up last weekend. I looked over at this posting on the scanner build. If he is a friend of your let him know he is more than welcome to place that over here also. I can also send him a PM

Mr Fett
Phalanx Leader

Post by Mr Fett » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:06 pm

I used the BazookaJo site to make the correct colored rectangular detail for my sytrene backpack. Just resized it to fit the space I had on my pack, printed it onto photo paper, superglued that paper onto some scrap plastic, then superglued the whole thing onto my pack. Turned out nice. Thanks, BazookaJo ! :mrgreen:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:46 pm

You can buy chromed paper or plastic that you can use to make that back pack. Do a Google search and it is easy to find or use plain sheet of plastic, and have it chromed.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:49 am

You can try a scrapbook store too - for metallic papers. Very cool stuff.

I re-mastered the backpack sticker on my own from internet references... now I just need a backpack! HA! Working on it :twisted:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Re: Free Cylon Backpack and Neck peice Kits now available :)

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Great work!
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:11 pm

Awesome Jo!!! :salute: I hope this forum will be the new home for your work!

and I read and saw on one of the other forums about someone stealing your marvin ......did you get that resolved?

Are these kids...or just idiots that think they can get away with that?
By Your Command

Hammer3246
Patrol Member

Post by Hammer3246 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Done some searching for a pep of the pistol, only thing I can find is at Zealot and I can download due to post count (I think). Anyone have one here? One for the sword and scabbard would be cool too.

Cheers

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 am

I'll check my pep files when I get home (If I don't forget ;) ) and see if I have something I can share. Not sure about the pistol and sword. I know I have a rifle for sure ... but that's not what you were asking for I know - I just babble. :roll:

I did this a bit ago... It might help to make your own pep build???
http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongalle ... play_media
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Classic BSG Paper Crafting”