Beginning building IL series

Lucifer, Specter, and others... Devious Cylons just waiting for their chance to upstage the Imperious Leader and assume control of the Cylon Empire.
TR33J0
Spare Parts

Beginning building IL series

Post by TR33J0 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 am

Hello everyone, this is my first post. So I would like to start building an IL suit, could anyone tell me how much time it takes and how much it'll cost me. I'm studying so I don't have a lot of time and money :erk: Thanks in advance!

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Beginning building IL series

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:27 pm

Hi, and welcome on board. Your question is a bit tricky to answer. Do you have a kit? Are you going to build it from scratch? What is your skill level of costume, and model building? Are you going to build the entire costume to display, or wear? Sourcing the materials needed in kit or scratch form is also something you need to think of, and how about the electronics? These are many things that need to be answered to give a partial answer to the question.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Beginning building IL series

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:31 pm

Welcome to the site, TR33J0. Glad you joined!

An I.L. Series - COOL! Can't wait to see your build start.
As for cost and time... as you no doubt know, depends on what you're after. If you went ALL IN, best items and every feature, I'd guess you're looking at a couple thousand easy.

Probably best to set a budget then build what you can to fit into it. I'm sure you'll come up with a very cool I.L. Series that way - "win-win."

After you do a budget build, you can always go back later and add features too.
That's half the fun with a costume or display - they are never really "done" - more fun to be had :)

Post often and enjoy the site. Looking forward to your build!
Be sure to use our Gallery to research your build too - LOTS of I.L. Series goodness to be found - link here.
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “IL Series Builders' Forum”