The other replica

Lucifer, Specter, and others... Devious Cylons just waiting for their chance to upstage the Imperious Leader and assume control of the Cylon Empire.
Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

The other replica

Post by Red Eye » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:26 pm

As some of you might have known, there was another attempt recreating a complete IL-Series Cylon costume for the SDCC in 2008.

To be honest, it completely lacks any resemblance of the original character but I think it should be honored as a first brave attempt for creating it at all.

While looking at it, I think the quote Lucifer made about Specter in "The Young Lords" would be the best expression to describe it properly: "One of the earlier IL-Series, before my time. Rather limited in ability."

"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: The other replica

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:23 pm

That IL is WAY too tall. Any taller it would look like a Macy's parade balloon. :shock:

I do like the effort that went into it. Much care was taken with it - even it if is not 1:1 screen accurate it is rockin the con big time. Cylon-Knight mind APPROVED.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

groupleaderzeta
Squadron Leader

Post by groupleaderzeta » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:47 pm

I would say it was a good attempt at one, and I agree the IL is to tall.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:02 pm

-I wonder how the IL is setup for vision?
Is that fabric across the chest mostly see-threw from behind? I don't see any evidence of a "sight panel/section" on the chest

-The head is totally clear. I wonder how they setup the light system. The power source must be inside the robes, and very fine wires used ... I can't see any evidence of them - but there do appear to be lights.

-Must be hot in there - wonder if there is any fan/air flow system?

@Red Eye has your research ever turned up any footwear for an IL? Screen used would be VERY SMALL for Felix... just wondering if there was a certain style/color shoe? Probably nothing special... may have just been whatever personal footwear Felix wore to work when playing Lucifer??
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:20 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:-I wonder how the IL is setup for vision?
Is that fabric across the chest mostly see-threw from behind? I don't see any evidence of a "sight panel/section" on the chest
The original costume had a several holes in the chest so the actor could see.

Cylon-Knight wrote:@Red Eye has your research ever turned up any footwear for an IL? Screen used would be VERY SMALL for Felix... just wondering if there was a certain style/color shoe? Probably nothing special... may have just been whatever personal footwear Felix wore to work when playing Lucifer??
As Felix wore the gold robed Lucifer costume, there were some matching gold boots visible.

Specter wore silver boots.

And, to my eye, the two unnamed Gamoray IL-Cylons wore ordinary shoes.

I'll try posting a few screencaps soon...
Last edited by Red Eye on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

The other replica

Post by Skullbeast » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:27 am

Not bad for a fan made Il! It's a bit tall but still cool. Is the face bluish?

Where are .... Edit? That's kind of weird man?

Die human!!!

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:35 am

Skullbeast wrote:Not bad for a fan made Il! It's a bit tall but still cool. Is the face bluish?

Where are .... Edit? That's kind of weird man?

Die human!!!
could have sworn this thread was bigger before...

but it's good to stay on topic. Again I will say that it is a good job and a hell of a showing for fans. I dont have an IL costume and it would be cool to ave one - so koodos to this guy.

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:26 pm

Now, I've gone through the episodes/DVD's again to research the IL footwear a bit.

As you can see in the screencap below, Lucifer wore some gold boots in "Lost Planet of the Gods".

I wish I could provide some more screencaps from his red boots, but they seemingly changed the length of the underrobe so you couldn't see the boots underneath anymore.

The screencaps of Specter's boots won't be of any help either, since the shots of him climbing some steps are filmed from such a distance. But you can clearly see it when you watching the episode.

Anyway, here's one more of the Gamoray IL-Cylons in their fancy 70's boots/shoes (a bit hard to see, but I still think they used ordinary shoes for these costumes):

Enough research for now... time to got to bed! *Yawn*

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Oh man I had these boots. I sold them off I think a while back. I thought they were from Buck Rogers since Buck always had these flashy colored boots. I might, just a slight might have the red boots still. I'll have to dig around a bit, and see if I still have them, and see if these are a match.

Red Eye
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:35 pm

A pity you let the gold pair go... :sad:

Please post a photo of the red ones, if you can find them.

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

The other replica

Post by Skullbeast » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Dale man, just when I thought I saw it all. You have a few props, how long have you been collecting. I saw the boot pic you posted. I don't ever remember noticing or seeing them in the show now I'll have to look for them.

Die human!!!

GoldCylon
Founder

The other replica

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:27 pm

I have been collecting screen used props since the show was on the air. My 1st pieces came to me when I exchanged letters with someone that worked in the production.
That boot is 1 of about 75 pair of screen used footwear from Galactica and Buck Rodgers. I have about 20 pair left of mostly Buck stuff.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Return to “IL Series Builders' Forum”