Turbo Probe seat, and wings

Builds, info, tips and tricks on props from Battlestar Galactica's first spin off.
GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:30 pm

I have just about finished the seat, and the wings, but still have a few minor things to tweak out before ready for paint, and of casting. One of the rear wings also needs to be rounded on the edges still. Over all I like the way it is coming out. Here is a photo of what is just about finished. I have also started on the tank, and nose fairing. That is a single piece, and lined up a few items on the engine clam shell cowling. Fun stuff so far.
Attachments
Turbo seat wings.jpg

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: Turbo Probe seat, and wings

Post by Red Eye » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:37 am

GREAT work so far!

Please keep it up.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:21 am

Thanks Red Eye, but major set back. Since I don't have all the measurements I made a mistake. I used mostly 2 photos to study to try to get one of the length of the lower back wing section. After finished I came in to study more photos on the next pieces to work on, and I saw one of the wings from a different view I didn't study. Man I was off in the length. I need to go back and either add on the missing length or re-make these. I think I am going to re-make them, because I tucked them in a bit closer than they should be. It would be just easier over all to start over, then try to re-work everything.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:35 pm

Ok I started the rear wing today. I didn't have much time except about 1 1/2 hours to work on it. I cut the material and framed it out. I also noticed I needed to and a bit of an angle cut the lower section. Only 1 photo to show the major difference in the old wing and the current difference in what it will grow in size difference. Image

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.571830,-121.548397
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Good luck with it! :wink:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Looks Awesome!!! Can't wait to see it up close Dale! ....If you got time it looks like I might be able to come see you in a couple of weeks....Got alot of projects going on here at Dad's......(Mobile Home repairs......Yeeeiiiik!!!!) so I can't get away for a couple weeks but I am very anxious to come meet you in person and see your Galactica stuff up close! especialy some of your cylon stuff! :salute:
By Your Command

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks guys for the feedback. Lots of work to go still, and sure thing Al.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.241097,-122.180230
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Return to “G1980 Props”