The engine cowling

Builds, info, tips and tricks on props from Battlestar Galactica's first spin off.
Big Al
Command Centurion

Re: The engine cowling

Post by Big Al » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:24 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:Wow, you two and your boats... you're like Nautical Olsen Twins! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
I loved my boat! it was a 22' 1978 Fiberform and It had a v birth, a small galley, a potty closet, 2 teak wood bait tanks on the back and a very large kettel grill with a cutting table and a swing arm,,,,,We had some great parties on my boat!

By Your Command

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:29 pm

I just sold my boat like a month or two ago... a personal water craft. I had some great WIPEOUTS on my boat ;)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:52 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:I just sold my boat like a month or two ago... a personal water craft. I had some great WIPEOUTS on my boat ;)

That's to crazy for me!....I like the relaxed boat life, like to have BBQ's on my boat, Cocktail parties, Camping trips, Romantic dinners with beautiful women, Entertain clients, Skiing, Wake boarding, Kneeboarding, Boat parties, Fishing.......bla..bla..bla

But my favorite part was the sleeping......it was just a 3 inch upolstered polyurathane foam cushion laying across a plywood sheet in a v birth. but that boat rockin in the river and the water splashing and gurgleing on the hull ...was the best sleep I have ever had in my entire life still to this day!...NO Felger Carb!...... No fancy craftmatic, or Posture pedic Memory foam or whatever bed could never compare.

I miss my boat :brokenheart:

The "Personal Water Craft People" use to trail us because my boat threw a very big wake...so they loved me! :nah:

We had alot of fun
By Your Command

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:46 am

Big Al wrote: have BBQ's on my boat, Cocktail parties, Camping trips, Romantic dinners with beautiful women, Entertain clients, Skiing, Wake boarding, Kneeboarding, Boat parties, Fishing...........sleeping
^ I could do all that too on my 3-person PWC, while jumping your wake ;) Sucked for the skiier I was pulling, but that's his problem *WHOA* :shock:

lol
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Spare parts I have around the house. Reference photo only.
Attachments
Engine cone spare parts.jpg

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote:
Big Al wrote: have BBQ's on my boat, Cocktail parties, Camping trips, Romantic dinners with beautiful women, Entertain clients, Skiing, Wake boarding, Kneeboarding, Boat parties, Fishing...........sleeping
^ I could do all that too on my 3-person PWC, while jumping your wake ;) Sucked for the skiier I was pulling, but that's his problem *WHOA* :shock:

lol

You Slept on your personal water craft? :wtf: :wtf:

LOL ....Just kidding! :nah:
By Your Command

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Found a close enough bowl. I need to trip it a bit, take down one ring, and square up the bottom section. This is it, but it will take some work.
Attachments
Engine bowl.JPG

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:05 am

GoldCylon wrote:Found a close enough bowl. I need to trip it a bit, take down one ring, and square up the bottom section. This is it, but it will take some work.
Is the bottom Diameter the right size?
By Your Command

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:16 am

Once I started working on the parts I was having a problem finding some of the measurement. I only had 3 of the 7 measurements needed on the 1st item, so I went and studied the rest of the photos and took notice I only really have about 40% of the measurements. So it is a lot of wing it and guessing work. I am not sure about the measurements, but after I started on the engine cowling piece I have made a few adjustments in what the size was originally in mind compared to what I started with. Although I am missing measurements it hasn't sopped me using logical guess work. Working out a ball park guess, and then rounded off numbers if I have something that is 4 7/8 inches I have rounded off to 5 inches, and so far so good. The same with the engine cowling. It will work out nicely, just not as quick as having all the numbers needed to complete the project.

Return to “G1980 Props”