Big fan

The Galactica finds Earth ... and Dr. Zee (oh dear).
Indiana40
Citizen

Big fan

Post by Indiana40 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Hello everyone I'm a new member and would like to tell everyone that I'm glad I found this site. I been a big fan of the 1978 battle star galatica since I was a little kid. So I'm am looking forward in building a centurion . Something I always wonder is how they made the voices of the the centurion.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Big fan

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Hello and welcome aboard the Basestar, Indiana40!

The classic 1978 Cylon Centurion voice was done in post production with an EMS Vocoder. A voice actor had to speak in just a certain way, then the magic happened - mixing his voice recording with a carrier tone (just a constant low note on a synthesizer).
*POOF* SPEAK CENTURION! :cylon:

More info and images are here: http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongalle ... ?album=306

Looking forward to your build. Post often and enjoy the site. If you're interested in a voice changer for your costume the best option around so far, IMHO, is a Roland VT-3. There are a few systems in the works on the site now by other members - myself included. :)

:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

welshchris77
Patrol Leader

Re: Big fan

Post by welshchris77 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Cylons are great and there is so much information on here to get you started, as cylon-knight said the best voice changer so far is the Roland VT3

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Chris Lewis

Return to “G1980 General Discussion”