Galactica 1980 RE-Played A Cylon Yells!

The Galactica finds Earth ... and Dr. Zee (oh dear).
GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Galactica 1980 RE-Played A Cylon Yells!

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:42 am

Agree 100%

Big Al
Command Centurion

Re: Galactica 1980 RE-Played A Cylon Yells!

Post by Big Al » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:45 pm

In 1980 I was 16 and just got my DL and my first girlfriend so I didn't see it.....But I just watched the first episode on you tube last night and I couldn't believe what I saw :wtf:

Was this supose to be a comedy?........The writing was the worst I have ever seen :evil: :evil: you know some of the BSG TOS episodes were pretty corny but this one took the cake! :erk: ......Instead of telling the story with the script and the scenes......every scene seem to be the characters explaining everything!....and we all know how the producers kept throwing cinema Icons at us in BSG TOS in an attempt to keep their ratings, like Fred Astair, Loyd Bridges, Victor Bergman, Ray Bouldger...ETC........But Cousin Oliver??? :wtf: :wtf: and Mike Brady? .....Really?......Really? .......and why does Barry Van Dyke's charater have the squadron insignia on his jacket but Kent McCord's Jacket doesn't?.In another thread, Spectre mentions the fact that one of them is wearing silver pins on his collar.....and when they came across the biker gang ....why did they have to go airborn...why not just turbo away?.......Then they get put in jail ....but nobody searches them?.....the phone scene was pretty funny....was it ment to be funny?.....all of the telephones were 1970's dial phones and I can tell you we had push button phones by 1980. (little point)....Cousin Oliver (Dr. Z) explains to the entire battlestar about what can happen by showing them videos of the cylons detroying LA. The scenes of the buildings crumbeling and being destroyed were old stock footage from the movie Earthquake and the cylon ships and lasers added in! Then Cousin Oliver explaines to the whole battlestar how the cloker works...Pfffst...... :erk:

How did they make Adama 30 years older in just 2 years?????? .....A full face beard!.....nothing say's 30 years older than a beard! :lol:

You know after wasting an hour last night I found the trailer for Richard Hatch's The Second Coming.......What were these people thinking????

This was the one they should have went with!... the 1 min trailer of TSC was better than the hour of crap that I watched.

One last note ...It seemed as if they simply dusted off the old sets....grabed a few of the old costumes and a couple of new guy's to replace Apollo and Starbuck and have some new adventures....with no budget!

There were quite a few political vents as well......the joke about the LA smog must be some sort of protective force field ...and the nuke protesters........and Robert Reed explaining the history of aviation only being 66 years from the Wright Bros to the moon launch in 1969 and how Nuke tech was only 30 some years in the making...Bla Bla Bla.....

Cylon Please! :soapbox:
By Your Command

Return to “G1980 General Discussion”