Thoughts to ponder.....

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
Mr Fett
Phalanx Leader

Thoughts to ponder.....

Post by Mr Fett » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 pm

While many people on this board are of course fans of the original TV series and thus try to create the look of that particular "screen used Cylon", those who complain how the Kropserkel Cylon isn't as accurate as the screen used ones must also remember that the Kropserkel Cylon is also a "screen used Cylon", as it was a Kropserkel suit seen live on screen in the new BSG series. So, BOTH types of Cylon costumes available to us here in the public are indeed copies of "screen used Cylons" and I guess that means neither one is right or wrong to wear when costuming.

:cylon:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Thoughts to ponder.....

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:11 pm

I've pondered that as well. And yes, it is screen accurate too!

Most here are just either focused on a 1978 screen used suit - much different than the Krop in RDM's Battlestar Galactica. Even the "Cylon character" was different. It will be interesting to see if that Krop will even be used again. Razor, and now Caprica pretty much blow the "guy in a suit" look out of the water (the Krop that was shown in the BSG Mini Series)... one more thing to ponder :)

A 1978 Cylon and a Krop Cylon are both screen used - you are 100% correct. But think of Boba Fett and Jango Fett... I doubt anyone would say they are the same, one is just blue and one is green... YIKES! No, there are many many many subtle differences to be accurate, but both are screen used - decades apart.

That's all the fun - trying to figure out the nuisances, materials, parts
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:31 am

Yes the same thing has crossed my mind, but Krop was used because my lack of marketing myself to the producers back when they started this 2003 series out. I mean if I would have just like everything else pushed my way in this never would have happened. On the same note did you ever notice the 2003 Krop Cylon that sold on auction was up for sell on eBay about 2 months later. The guy took a big hit selling it.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:15 am

Yeah collecting is a big risk... you never know if someone will want to pay millions for a costume, a rock from the moon or a potato chip shaped like Utah. :?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Cy
Raider Commander

Post by Cy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:34 pm

Ive been wondering how much Krop has changed to make theur suit more accurate as they seem to have implied. Id like to take my 4 month old Krop to Dales place and do side by side shots with the real deal and see what the differences are.

Mr Fett
Phalanx Leader

Post by Mr Fett » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:52 pm

You should. You both live in the same state. It would be nice to compare both styles of armor side by side. It would provide great reference. Heck, I'm sure even Kropserkel would like to see the photos since if they're upgrading sculpts like you said, then they could have a visual comparison of their sculpts next to the original design that GoldCylon owns.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:54 pm

Galactifan did a comparison for the Kropserkel-costume and the original some time ago...

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7558 ... opserk.jpg
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cy
Raider Commander

Post by Cy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:56 pm

Ya, but we would have to charge them for the research like they did for the suit. :nah:

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 am

Nothing to ponder because the Kropserkel Cylon suit is not a screen used suit as far I'm concerned. We're talking about the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica tv series and not the newly reinvisioned craptacular show. The Kropserkel suit is a good start for an off the shelf Cylon, but it is not accurate to the original.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”