The hard to find G&M Battery belt relief center

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
GoldCylon
Founder

The hard to find G&M Battery belt relief center

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:33 pm

OK for those of you that have tried sometimes years to find one of the single hardest pieces to complete your Cylon costume relief is here. Well to a degree it has arrived, well coming soon. As many of you know that the G&M battery belt that is screen accurate has 7 battery belt box section. A limited 6 battery belt box was mad also, and some people have tried the Cine 60 6 - 7 - or 8 battery belt box also. This is an OK alternative, but does have its problems. Well after having this idea on the back burner a while I finally stepped up today and took the needed next step to bring access to those still waiting for their belt. Today I made a buck (wooden copy) of the Cylon battery belt sized to the Cine 60.
I made the wooden buck to scale close to fit the same look as the larger G&M battery belt box. I outlined some of the areas in black marker to see the high lighter area better in the photo next to an original sized box.
I poured the liquid latex over the finished buck. I'll made fiberglass copies myself that will be for sale soon. I'll also get together with C.O.R.A. and see if he can made pulls that can be sold separate, or included in his kits as a alternative. I'll send him a link so he can see what is up. Oh hey C.O.R.A. glad you stopped by. :grin:
Attachments
Cine 60 Cylon pour.jpg
Rubber pour to make mold
Cine 60 Cylon battery buck 1.jpg
Detail still needed in this photo
Cine 60 new box.jpg
Side by side
Cine 60 Cylon battery belt.jpg
This is a vintage Cine 60 square 8 section battery belt.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: The hard to find G&M Battery belt relief center

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:53 pm

Looking good. Great idea.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Compared to the going rate of about $200 for a G&M battery belt, you can pick a Cine 60 (Square box version) for around $25-$50 dollars shipped. Also on a side note unless you need the battery cells in the belt, have the eBay sell discard the power cells. It will cut the shipping cost down to about 25% of the full battery belt.

C.O.R.A
Patrol Member

Post by C.O.R.A » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Making them out of fiberglass might be a pain and the latex might bond to the fiberglass too. And just dealing with the smell is bad enough. Smooth-on makes rigid foam that is so light weight you can stand on it and it wouldn

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks for the feedback C.O.R.A., and I do have plans on making a few plaster bucks, but the rock hard version.
I just pulled the buck out of the mold, and it looks great inside, and out.
Attachments
Buck mold belt box.jpg

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”