Portable Cylon Voice?

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
nashslash
Flight Leader

Portable Cylon Voice?

Post by nashslash » Sun May 04, 2008 9:32 pm

Question for any cylons/builders out there? Is there any Voice changer solution to the Cylon Voice? something that can be fitted into your costume so speech can be changed into something resembling a cylon on the fly. I used to owned a

www.battlefield-online.net

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon May 05, 2008 10:50 am

My understanding the Kropserkel project was trashed the people working on this project, and the Kropserkel owner didn't have a meeting of the minds on how to go about this project.
The single best, cheapest, and smallest voice changer item I have seen is a kids voice changing device that you can find easily around Halloween. These are far from a correct Cylon voice, but for $10 or less you can have a on demand robotic like voice that has a small chance of fooling anyone, except anyone that is a true Galactica fan. By the way it was a small toy like that, that help create the original Cylon voice. Just unknown what toy it was. That is toy helped driver the vocoder along with some other tricks to make the voice, but this isn't a instant play back, or even portable device.
No one else as of this time has come up with a decent Cylon portable voice changing device that I am aware of. Mostly because of cost, and lack of sells to back the time, and investment cost to make this cool device.

nashslash
Flight Leader

Post by nashslash » Wed May 07, 2008 10:30 am

I did find this, but hay I'm no electronics builder. I'd love to hear from anyone who's actually made this and has some samples of what it actually sounds like... until then still waiting..

http://www.elektor.com/magazines/2008/m ... 2560.lynkx

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed May 07, 2008 10:38 am

Very interesting information, but the true test is what does it sound like. I doubt it has a true Cylon sound or it would be all over the map with people talking about it,but at least someone tried to make something that is dedicated to the Cylon voice. Nice find.

nashslash
Flight Leader

Post by nashslash » Wed May 28, 2008 4:09 am

A friend of mine also found this device, it also does a cylon type-ish voice. I wondered if anyone had any dealing with this device or had heard more from it at length.

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/products_e ... 2Voice.php

Spadinator
Centurion

Post by Spadinator » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:37 pm

nashslash wrote:A friend of mine also found this device, it also does a cylon type-ish voice. I wondered if anyone had any dealing with this device or had heard more from it at length.

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/products_e ... 2Voice.php
Nice device but 400 bucks for that little circuitry seems like alot.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:15 pm

When no one out there is really making much headway on these small toys that are limited in the amount that can be sold the going rate of $399 seems really a bit low. I wouldn't make anything like that for such a low price. I have bought stuff from Hyperdynes before and their stuff is quality, just poor design effects. I would say at best the owner is OK at what he does, just better at marketing his stuff via what he sells, and website lay out. Over all I would myself pass on this item, only because it doesn't have the true Cylon sound. The over the counter $20 toy works just as good.

Spadinator
Centurion

Post by Spadinator » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:24 pm

nashslash wrote:I did find this, but hay I'm no electronics builder. I'd love to hear from anyone who's actually made this and has some samples of what it actually sounds like... until then still waiting..

http://www.elektor.com/magazines/2008/m ... 2560.lynkx
I have downloaded the circuit board and instructions for this circuit. If I can come up with the components I will give it a try.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:35 pm

I downloaded it also, but haven't started to do anything with it, or think I will find time for a while. Can't wait to see what your version sounds like. Keep us updated on your progress.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:20 pm

It would be easier to fork over $400if it sounded right. Anybody worked with those electronics yet? GC1
Goldcylon@cox.net

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:35 pm

if it sounds right I have buddy that will build them for a small fee.
Last edited by GoldCylon on Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spadinator
Centurion

Post by Spadinator » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:08 pm

goldcylon1 wrote:It would be easier to fork over $400if it sounded right. Anybody worked with those electronics yet? GC1
I am already gathering the components to build this thing and it looks like it will be under $20. Sounds better that $400!!

nashslash
Flight Leader

Post by nashslash » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:45 pm

Keep us updated please...

CinnamonToast
Centurion

Post by CinnamonToast » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:10 pm

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:53 pm

That first link had one bad review on it... seems like that one isn't gonig to work for Cylons.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”