Portable Cylon Voice?

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Portable Cylon Voice?

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:39 am

One of members of that group posted a sneak peak video before that Cylon made it's appearance in KC a few years ago. Pretty cool isn't it.

Toaster
Citizen

Post by Toaster » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:36 pm

Very cool indeed. I'll let everybody know if/when I hear back from them.

In the meantime and on another note, I've been away far too long. Medical problems, overloaded at work, etc. Even worse, my fiberglass costume is as good as gone at least for the foreseeable future. I have all the soft parts, and all the armor too in fiberglass, but the armor seemed to have been lost somewhere between friends. Maybe it'll show up someday, but for right now all I have are the soft parts. Sooo - are Cora and HS still making armor? Does HS still offer that amazing $1300 chromed kit? As soon as my finances recover, in 3-4 months, I'm looking to buy. I've been a non-Cylon for far too long.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:09 pm

I've seen the suit in person. Hope to again this summer at a con here in my town. I'll be sure to ask them about the voice and give a report - unless you hear from them first ;)
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

lostcause
Spare Parts

Post by lostcause » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:39 pm

Hello! I found, and joined, this site while researching options for a Cylon vocoder/voice synth. My plan so far is to use a Raspberry Pi and some kind of dj voice effects software. I have the Pi already, I just need to figure out the software option. Any ideas would be appreciated...

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi lostcause, and welcome. :cylongold:

You might give some consideration to the Roland VT-3 voice pedal. It's the latest discovery for real time cylon voicing. There's a thread here on it if you haven't seen it yet. I just got mine a few weeks ago and only played with it to see if I could get an approximation, and I am fairly happy with it. :evillaugh:
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

lostcause
Spare Parts

Post by lostcause » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:01 pm

Thanks for the info and the welcome! I'll check out that thread.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”