Special Thanks

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
chrisd
Banned User

Special Thanks

Post by chrisd » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:28 pm

I can't thank Dale l & ll, and Jim enough but the toughest job, no doubt was the undersuit (and the most expensive). And every one of us starts out with a Cylon, we prop it on a mannequin (when we don't wear it) and when you stare at it, you pinpoint certain parts that need modifications and touch ups. So after selling my 3rd Cylon that I THOUGHT was the final masterpiece I was just going to focus on saving money and just concentrate on other things until one day I went on Ebay (January of 2006) and for the hell of it I decided to search for battery belts. Well low and behold there it was, the original battery belt I have been looking for in nearly two years! So immediately I saved that listing to bid on it. At the same time I searched for other Cylon parts and found the boots (both being auctioned at the same time). It was then when I knew it was time to get the ball rolling again and build a Cylon from scratch rather than "piecing" one together from armor being sold by different sellers. That is when I purhased the kit from Jim and eventually had it chromed. When the chromed armor was sent back to me I propped it on the mannequin with a black spandex leotard as a temporary fill in until I would one day down the road get the undersuit completed. In late June of 2006 I picked up the 32 bulb original eye scanner (WOW! I was getting close).
Then came the skirt and gloves and eventually weapons. Yes, this Cylon was pricey but it is something I've always wanted. My final goal (which I haven't given up) is perfecting the original voices. Once I've succeeded, this costume, and others, can have their very own custom made phrases to be playable on a cd or mp3 player and will be PHENOMINAL!!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:11 pm

Chris that is a great story. You set a goal, and didn't let time of anything else get in the way. I went through many of those hoops like yourself, and can honestly say it is some what of a challenge if your not long term goal set to complete the task of making it an accurate Cylon. Thank you my friend, and and congratulation on the fine work.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:15 am

Chris, it's nice to see your dream come true. Well done indeed..."By your command."

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”