Any news on a new Cylon Eye with comet trail??

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Any news on a new Cylon Eye with comet trail??

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:38 pm

@mancutd - I was talking to Zeta on the phone the other day and mentioned interest in his items was popping up on the forum. He has spotty internet and has not seen the posts. Also his electronic bits are all in storage for awhile while moving. PM him and he'll be in touch when he can.

Hopefully in the new year he'll be set again to make more Cylon eyes. I have one of his early designs in my suit myself - I love it.

:byyourcommand:

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

mancutd
Centurion

Post by mancutd » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Thanks Cylon-Knight. That's great news that you have been in touch with him. I ave sent him a PM so will wait too hear hopefully from him when time permits. Would be great to have one of his masterpiece scanners. A belated Christmas present to myself i think. lol. May I ask you if anyone is still doing the wooden blocks for the battery belt? As getting a real G/M belt is impossible. :cylon:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 am

No one is offering them like I used in my belt, supplied by nashslash.
But I do think I have a tracing of the boxes somewhere if you'd be interested in measurements.

mancutd
Centurion

Post by mancutd » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:28 am

That would be great Cylon-Knight. I would really appreciate any help with the dimensions. Just a thought but do you still do the Backpack and gauntlet stickers? I have checked the gallery with the images but not sure how i would print these off into stickers. :cylon:

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:42 am

if you want to print stickers, you would need a good quality printer and a good high res picture then all you would need to do is, buy some sticky back printer paper, it can be bought from ebay and the such and use that instead of your normal paper.

good luck with your build i too am working on my toaster and need to get it chromed but i have a lot of filling and sanding before i can do that.

Ian...

mancutd
Centurion

Post by mancutd » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:13 am

Cheers Ian. ( Silver Cylon ) Never occurred to me about getting the sticker paper and printing them myself. Will look into that for sure. Great to hear that your also in the process of building a Toaster! I know what you mean about filling and sanding. I purchased the fibreglass backpack from CORA. Great cast but the final work needed to get it right for chroming is very time consuming.

What kit did you get yourself and how far along in the build are you?

Neil

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:34 am

Sticker paper is exactly what I used. A printable semi gloss vinyl laptop skin paper to be exact. But it has been discontinued ... grrr. However, any sheet sticker paper will work. Gloss or flat - both look great with shiny chrome! My sickers are designed to fit C.O.R.A. armor so you'll be good to go after you get the paper. :sunglasses:

I'll get the block measurements for you later today.

mancutd
Centurion

Post by mancutd » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:20 am

Thanks Cylon-knight. Think I might invest in a laser printer and the sticky gloss waterproof paper. Just received my second pair of Cooper glove's. The first pair I didn't take note of too much as it said Cooper 28 Armadillo thumb! Realised that there are a few different versions over the years! I got the wrong ones with no band around the wrist !!

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:43 pm

If you're looking for Centurion armor stickers, this folder is for you:

http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongalle ... ?album=325
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:46 pm

mancutd wrote:Cheers Ian. ( Silver Cylon ) Never occurred to me about getting the sticker paper and printing them myself. Will look into that for sure. Great to hear that your also in the process of building a Toaster! I know what you mean about filling and sanding. I purchased the fibreglass backpack from CORA. Great cast but the final work needed to get it right for chroming is very time consuming.

What kit did you get yourself and how far along in the build are you?

Neil
Hi Neil,
My kit is from a guy call Bentley O Toole, its cast from a stunt suit, so i have been told and it's been confirmed on here also, it's a nice kit but the helmet has took a bit of filling and sanding but a lot of the kit is very cleanly cast but other parts are taking a lot of filling and sanding, like the shoulder bells and the sword but it's slow work but i will be happy in the end, just not sure how or where to get chroming done as i expect it to cost a pretty penny to get chromed.

I have the Zeta sweeping eye and a Roland VT-3 so i am working on the voice also.

i have pics up somewhere down the list, feel free to have a look, good luck with your build mate.

i look forward to seeing it.

Ian...

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:02 pm

@mancutd the blocks - I found my tracing.
  • 3 1/2" wide x 3 7/8" tall x 1" thick
  • Put a mark 1/2" down from the top on one of the 3 7/8" sides (this will become the front of block - 3 3/8")
  • Cut angle of the top (27 degrees if you need the value)
In this photo my pointer finger is on the 3 3/8" inch "front" ... the 27 degree angle is to the top right.

mancutd
Centurion

Post by mancutd » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:21 pm

Hi Guys. Sorry for the late reply. Work is manic at this time of year for me. Early starts and late finishes. Anyway thanks Red-Eye for the link on the stickers. Will come in handy when i get myself the paper and invest in a laser printer so they don't smudge.

That's a great kit you have Ian. I have seen his kits up for auction a few times. Impressive and sharp in detail. I also have the Vt3 emulator. Came with my Kropserkel armour. Amazing doesn't cover it. Has to be the best voice on the fly I know of for a true Cylon sound. Going to see about purchasing the rest of C.O.R.A 's armour in the New Year to go with his fibreglass backpack i got from him already.

Regarding Chroming. Don't know if its too far from you being in Glasgow but its worth giving VMC ltd a call. They are in Cherstey , London. Ask for a guy called Paul or Kevin. They know all about Cylon Chroming as they have done some before. I phoned them about getting my backpack done and they were very helpful. You could arrange a courier to send your armour to them maybe?

I'm going to wait until i have all my armour ready to go in the New Year and I will be going to them myself. Price wise its not cheap but the quality is second to none. I think i was quoted £150 for the backpack on its own but maybe a better deal if its all the armour?

At this moment i'm waiting for my undersuit which is being made by the lovely Cordula in Germany. She is a pleasure to deal with. Finally I got my gloves, which even though are not completely screen accurate will look the part. Just been looking for the boots now. I came across some Georgia Engineer boots which look pretty close to me.

Have you acquired the metal skirt yet? If not look on Whiting & davis. They produce the exact gunmetal and size needed.

Sorry for the long message guys. Everything i know all comes from this site and the incredible input from all the other contributors. I really would not be this far down the road without you all. Still a long way to go but hopefully next year a new Cylon to join the ranks! :byyourcommand:

mancutd
Centurion

Post by mancutd » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:26 am

That''s brilliant Cylon-knight. Thanks for the dimensions on the blocks. Completely understand what to do. A visit to my local D.I.Y store for 1" thick wood on the cards.

What material is best to use for covering the blocks please? Also any suggestions where or what to look for regarding the belt size ? Cheers. :)

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Thank you mancutd, happy to help. For the wrap, I have a tracing of what I created (the shape), if that would help.
The material I used was a black pleather fabric (fake leather).

The belt is 31" wide - photos here will help guide you:
http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongalle ... ?album=297
I used sheet plastic cut to size, braced with a real belt (buckle cut off) for added real leather strength -- then all of that wrapped up in pleather as well. My build thread has bunches of photos of the belt in progress --- pages 26 AND on 27 too. Hopefully they'll help you make one too... real battery belts are rather rare and command quite a price, as I'm sure you've found out. ;) I found making my own was quite a fun challenge and was happy when it held its own, even beside a screen used suit! :shock:

You might find this interesting too... viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2570#p28584
I added a fake set of plugs to my belt as well.
:evillaugh:

mancutd
Centurion

Post by mancutd » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:26 pm

Thanks Cylon-knight. The amount of information you have given me is truly appreciated and so so helpful. Thank you. I have some great news though.

Just by chance I typed into Ebay this afternoon :- vintage cine battery belt. To my amazement a G/M Power belt with 7 cells was up for auction!!

Well the good news is I have won the bid at $42.67. + $45 for shipping to the U.K. I can't believe my luck! I have some pics to show but don't know how to upload them? :P

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”