New Cylon build Parts thus far.

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

New Cylon build Parts thus far.

Post by Silver-Cylon » Sun May 22, 2016 10:55 am

Well I thought I better get my thread started and it’s going to a long haul by the looks of things, I have a lot of things that I want to sort/ Smooth out but for the most part the Items that I have seem to be a great cast and very smooth as it is but I just want to get it up to chroming standards.
So just to explain, I bought this in Kit for from Paul Mc as he had recently moved house and needed Money so he sold me his Kit, Paul had done quite a bit of sourcing parts and already had a few Bits that I would have needed to find but this has saved me a heap of searching.
So with that said it’s been said here “pictures or it didn’t happen” well it has happened and I took some pictures of the kit I got from Paul and here they are.
Skirt part that Paul got and it looks and feels a good weight.

sorry for the multitude of pictures i simply don't have the space/room to spread them all out and get one complete picture of them, as far as i have been told this kit was from a Mr Bentley O Toole so i am not sure how accurate they are but i have been told it's cast from a screen used.

I also Have a Zeta sweeping eye kit which looks great when all plugged in and lighting up but i have to work on that as i plan to make a box to house it all in, like i said this will be a long project but a worth while one i hope as i am not giving up till i have one of these suits built and chromed and wearable. this is my Mission !!! :evillaugh: .

anyway feel free to let me know if there is anything off looking or if i need to change anything but i have a lot of work to do and research to get started with so i hope to get this project under way ASAP.

Thanks for looking and again sorry for the mass pictures.

Ian ....
AKA. Silver- Cylon :byyourcommand:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Re: New Cylon build Parts thus far.

Post by Red Eye » Sun May 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Looking great! I've also got my armor from Bentley several yahrens ago.

It was indeed casted off a set of screen-used armor so it's very accurate.

You also have to add the middle piece of the holding ribs for the chestplate.

Good luck with the build! :cylon:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Sun May 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Thanks for the confirmation Red Eye. i really appreciate that, it will make me all the more determined now to get it finished. :evillaugh: :byyourcommand:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Mon May 23, 2016 9:22 am

My pleasure. :wink:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon May 23, 2016 5:53 pm

I think over all the suit is a good selection from what I can see in the photos. I do see minor problems that are easy fixes. As for chroming you will want to most likely us 500 grit or higher for the best results on the luster. Avoid at all cost using anything greasy on the surface. Sanding it down can't remove the grease (finger prints, chemicals, cleaners) and so forth. It can make a fish eye or orange peel look in those areas for the chrome surface. Good luck, and can't wait to see progress reports.

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Mon May 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Awsome! I gotta get back to my armor too! :cylongold:
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

aussiecylon
Patrol Leader

Post by aussiecylon » Thu May 26, 2016 1:51 am

Yep, that is indeed a Bentley O'Toole replica outfit from Australia. I got one also, and I can tell you that there's a lot of work to be put into it to get it up to chroming standards.
Check out my thread about my outfit here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2825&start=15

I have a lot of photos there and information.

I am planning on putting my suit on a mannequin with a strobing rifle. I have completed most of the electronics, and the rifle is almost complete. Just need some minor stuff done to finish.

Check out my thread for some good information.

Good luck with your suit.

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Fri May 27, 2016 6:25 am

Thank you Aussiecylon i will give that a look over, but thank you for the link also.

Ian... :byyourcommand:

Silver-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by Silver-Cylon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:49 am

Hi All,
It's been a while since i have been able to get back to my armor due to family issues and various other things in life getting in the way but thankfully things seem to be settling, i had been tinkering with some parts but only here and there, so i have made a start back to it, i have a question if you wouldn't mind giving me some input, since this was a Bentley suit and all the parts weren't made to be scrutinized in great detail, what with is being a background suit and all.

I have been trying to fit the eye piece in to the helmet and i am having some real issues trying to get it to fit flush to the face plate, is this even possible? or will i have to do a lot of filling and sanding to get it to sit any where close to looking right. i don't want to mess things up so hence i thought i better check here so that if there is an easier way or a better way of doing it, i would very much appreciate it if you are able to give me some pointers in this area.

Kind regards.

Ian ...

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”