Jupiter Electronics Cylon Eye Scanner

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
aussiecylon
Patrol Leader

Jupiter Electronics Cylon Eye Scanner

Post by aussiecylon » Sat May 30, 2015 2:04 am

Hi guys,
I'm getting ready to build a Cylon, and have seen the Jupiter Electronics Cylon Eye Scanner on ebay. Just wondering if anyone has one and what you think of it. I've seen some youtube videos, and it looks pretty good. It's only got 23 Leds versus the original 32 bulbs, but I reckon with some diffusing plastic, you'll be hard pressed to notice, (hopefully). I've seen some scanners at the $200 range, but that's a bit steep for my liking.

So, can anyone give me an honest appraisal of their Jupiter eye scanner??

Thanks

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Re: Jupiter Electronics Cylon Eye Scanner

Post by Red Eye » Sat May 30, 2015 5:11 am

Right, some diffusing material has to be put in front of it. After that, it's really looking good and it runs smoothly like a bulb scanner.

I've got mine waiting for being installed soon, I've already added some diffusing foil behind my visor.

I could post a short demo video when the scanner is finally installed if you like.

The unit also comes with an additional speed control which is very helpful.

So it's Red Eye mind approved! :cylon:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

aussiecylon
Patrol Leader

Post by aussiecylon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:03 pm

Thanks Red Eye,
Knowing it has a speed control is good, as i want to sync the eye sweep with the warble sound effect. I'm currently working on a warble sound unit and a cylon voice circuit. I built an eye scanner from a kit that's available here in Australia from Jaycar Electronics, but it's useless as a cylon, even though that's what they say on the pack. So I guess the Jupiter eye scanner will be my next purchase.

Soda Can
Phalanx Leader

Post by Soda Can » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:35 am

I am just starting out with my build and I have one of these.
I think they are really good, adjustments can be made with the speed of the leds and the operation type, you can have continuous running or set it so that every now and again it stops and then starts off again.
Also not bad pricing on these, but as I have said, I'm only just starting out here with my Cylon. :cylon:
If anybody can, Soda Can Cylon can. :cylon:

aussiecylon
Patrol Leader

Post by aussiecylon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:05 am

I have just bought and built an electronic kit that's available here in Australia. It has 32 leds and also has a speed control as well as a brightness control. It's available from Altronics and is the "Knight Rider Scanner" kit. It also has several other lighting effects. I'll post a video at some stage later.
you can check it out here.
http://www.altronics.com.au/p/k5815-kni ... r-led-kit/

It works extremely well and is exactly what I was looking for.

I also bought and built the Knight Rider kit from Jaycar Electronics. A word of warning.....DON"T BUY THIS KIT!!!!! It is absolute rubbish!!! I will also post a video of this kit at some later stage...(when I get around to it)...

Topingklev
Spare Parts

Post by Topingklev » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:08 pm

The article you to share a story that makes work easier.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”