The Sennheiser VSM-201 Vocoder IS NOT IT!!!

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
EMS Vocoder 5000
Patrol Leader

The Sennheiser VSM-201 Vocoder IS NOT IT!!!

Post by EMS Vocoder 5000 » Thu May 17, 2007 6:25 pm

Just so everybody here on this forum knows for sure "The Sennheiser VSM-201 Vocoder is DEFINITELY, POSITIVELY NOT THE CYLON CENTURION VOCODER!!! That honor MOST LIKELY belongs to the EMS Studio-System Vocoder 5000 and a ring-modulator!! Mr. GoldCylon just happens to know Marcel at Galactica.TV and hopefully will get in touch with him regarding Mr. Michael Santiago's answer on the vocoder used. But it's almost a certainty 99.999% that it IS the one I believe it to be!!

What led me to believe it to be the EMS 5000 are these:

Demo

Demo 2 and

Demo 3

The only thing missing is the ring-modulator, and this makes me believe they went ahead and used the supplied keyboard (the Synti 100?) instead of another such as the Oberheim OB-8!!

GoldCylon, let's make this a sticky (for ppl searching for this info) so that it doesn't move from this spot!!! Thank you.

The Cylon Vocoder is an EMS Vocoder!!! Also possibly used was the Marshall 5002 Time-Modulator!! Was an electric saxophone used with or instead of an unknown synthesizer or electric/electronic keyboard??

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu May 17, 2007 9:04 pm

Working on how to make this a sticky, and thanks for the up date. I heard back from Marcel, and he is still working on his list of things to do, and Michael is one of the things on the list.

EMS Vocoder 5000
Patrol Leader

Post by EMS Vocoder 5000 » Thu May 17, 2007 9:22 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Working on how to make this a sticky, and thanks for the up date. I heard back from Marcel, and he is still working on his list of things to do, and Michael is one of the things on the list.
Thank you. I'd appreciate that, and also let's try to sticky my email copy from Marcel as well!! Thanks.
The Cylon Vocoder is an EMS Vocoder!!! Also possibly used was the Marshall 5002 Time-Modulator!! Was an electric saxophone used with or instead of an unknown synthesizer or electric/electronic keyboard??

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”