Mad's Pepakura Cylon Centurion

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Mad's Pepakura Cylon Centurion

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:49 am

Those look great. I love the bolts on the chin plate. I hope the two of you had a great time. I think Dredd thought he could take you...haha he has been Judged. :cylongold:

mad-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by mad-Cylon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:20 am

We just finished another convention and this time we had no malfunctions. The bolts work amazingly well, nothing cracked, broke or came off. We had a "Cylon" repair kit ready but didn't need it. The Cylons are very strong and sturdy now after the extra work. However with that comes another issue. The weight on the hips and shoulders becomes very uncomfortable and walking around for 6 hours is a challenge towards the end of the day. The weight is due to the strengthening we did. I assume this isn't an issue with the fibreglass ones. This can be easily solved by sewing shoulder pads to the inside of the top and padding to the inside of the belt to mould around the hips more. These things we only find out by trial. Oh I added bigger speakers in the back pack as we found out last time surrounded by a crowd we could not be heard. the larger speakers are for the voice we have a small speaker for the sweeping eye located in the belt and that works great. The issue we had with the larger speakers was very bad feed back, so we went voiceless for most of it. Will need to find the sweet spot in the backpack not to low and not to high.
Attachments
IMG_1200.JPG
Time for a polish I like to be Nice and Shiny :loveit:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:00 am

That is awesome. Great news, and the picture is awesome. Looks like you had a great time. :cylongold:

mad-Cylon
Patrol Member

Post by mad-Cylon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:44 am

Thanks, we sure did :D
Time for a polish I like to be Nice and Shiny :loveit:

Soda Can
Phalanx Leader

Post by Soda Can » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:31 am

Those suits look fantastic, the pep files, were these bazooka joes one's?
Great work on these.
If anybody can, Soda Can Cylon can. :cylon:

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”