Just got my Krops Cylon - pics included

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
tkjimbo
Citizen

Just got my Krops Cylon - pics included

Post by tkjimbo » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:56 pm

Got my Kropsekel kit on Friday, and just took a hella bunch of pix a few hours ago

They're at
https://www.facebook.com/lanternmedia/m ... tif_t=like

I have a bunch of boot, gloves, etc build pix, but gonna put those up in a few days...

JamesH aka TKJimbo aka TK6799
Public Relations Officer - 501st NorthEast Remnant Garrison

Author of the book Lost Boys of the Bronx: The Oral History of the Ducky Boys Gang

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Just got my Krops Cylon - pics included

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Looks GREAT!
Love all the photos, esp the (((Helmet HUG))) lol

I don't see any salt and pepper holes or slit... how is the (or is there?) vision out of the helmet?
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

tkjimbo
Citizen

Re: Just got my Krops Cylon - pics included

Post by tkjimbo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:15 am

At the moment, vision is non-existent - the slit above the roving eye is about an inch or two where my eyes actually are... I can pull it off when I'm not wearing the toilet seat, but thats kinda an integral part of the costume LOL

Love the suit so far - still working out some small kinks tho - some things just don't feel/look right..

Things such as:
-- Vision (see above LOL) (Ok, thats a big one LOL) - Gotta drill salt & pepper holes - just have to figure where :)
-- Belt placement... It feels like the belt buckle should go under the back skirt, but my wife says it cant be be done (she's helping me into it...)
-- Strapping - In the pix, the strapping to hold chest and back armor on is more obvious than I expected... I didn't see it in other people's pix - either they hid it or I'm doing something wrong
-- There is a small tear in the undersuit pants seam that I just need to re-sew..

Other than those issues, I really do love it...
JamesH aka TKJimbo aka TK6799
Public Relations Officer - 501st NorthEast Remnant Garrison

Author of the book Lost Boys of the Bronx: The Oral History of the Ducky Boys Gang

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”