Ya Beauty!

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
TK6598
Centurion

Ya Beauty!

Post by TK6598 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 am

Ya Beauty!

As a very early Christmas pressie my mum has got me a Cylon Centurion from the gang over at Kropserkel.
All the required measurements have been taken so all I have to do now is count down the days until the chromed one is delivered.
Have already ordered the MP3 player, the speakers and the CD's full of Cylonee (my new word!) goodness and I'll be in business.
Just got to hassle our postie until he delivers that big box to me in a couple of weeks!

Is the rifle worth getting/making? Reason being that a lot of the events I attend with the UK Garrison and I was quite concerned with the possibilty of somebody's little darlin' running up and getting a bayonet in the eye.

How do the rest of you guys get around what could be a serious problem with the rifle? I suppose a softer ''rubber/silicon'' bayonet would be a solution or just leave it off I suppose.

:cylon:
Last edited by TK6598 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Iain

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Ya Beauty!

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:16 am

Congrats on the order of the suit. Now for the rifle problem I haven't heard of anyone taking on thinning out kid crowd. So no worries about any breakage well unless drop it.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 am

Good to know your suit in the making now so welcome back in the Centurion business! :cylon:

To avoid any insuries with your rifle, just remove the bayonet like you said.

That's the way they've done it back in 1978 as well.
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 am

I had my rifle at all times at Galacticon 3. Just put it to the side when using the sword... And I loved the rifle. It gives that extra "umph" of "Cylon-ness." As for the bayonet ... I tried to keep on eye on it at all times - I did however almost get GoldCylon a few times ;) OOPS

If someone is standing to your side, and talks to you - your natural reaction is to turn at the waist to see them better... well then the bayonet goes right at them if they happen to be on that side.

Other than that it was fun to have the prop for photos and or to cause havoc. :twisted: You have to be armed if you run into any 501st troopers! lol

...funny side story some 12ish year old boy asked "what is that on your gun?"
My handler, Jared, told him - "It is a bayonet."
The kid said... "What is a bayonet?"
Jared said.... "A bayonet."
LOL :lol: I should have just zapped the kid! hahaha - Costumes, what fun!

One GREAT item to note that GoldCylon and Hand-Schaub shared with me is to never "loan out" your rifle, etc. to people at the con. A trusted handler or family/friend, okay... but not a stranger. They could drop it and you are left with junk --- or like you said they might bayonet themself in the eye.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Post by rustycylon » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:16 pm

congratulations on getting a cylon sorted out. Maybe I will bump into you at the NEC in November

TK6598
Centurion

Post by TK6598 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:31 pm

rustycylon wrote:congratulations on getting a cylon sorted out. Maybe I will bump into you at the NEC in November

Fingers crossed as I would love to troop at another Mem one day! :byyourcommand:
Iain

TK6598
Centurion

Post by TK6598 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:41 am

Bugger! Damn! S***! Blast! Frack! etc, etc.

After waiting for what felt like an eternity and then getting royally shafted for import tax the Cylon finally arrived yesterday which made for a long day at work for me!.
Got home to find a large box waiting for me containing the Mc.Toaster mk.II which was dutifully opened to my delight.

Did'nt last too long though as straight away I noticed that the sword and scabbard where missing as was the chromed strap/bar that goes around the back to help secure the chest piece in place. :?
Major bummer and the mother of all dark moods followed only to get worse as I noticed what can only be described as scuff marks/scratches to the left of the eye scanner on the lid (TBH - these are'nt major and you can only see them at the right angle but they are there). :x

I was pleasantly suprised to find (at no extra cost) a rather nifty set of speakers and a MP3 player thingy - but rather surplus to requirements as I got my own ages ago so Flea Bay beckons for them methinks.

Got straight onto Kropserkel regarding the lid and the missing pieces and they responded by saying to return the lid and the missing bits will be posted with the new one (got to take a pic of the lid for them for some reason which will be fun). Apologies followed but I am in two minds whether to return the lid as like I said you can only see the scuff marks at a certain angle but I am still p***ed off that after forking out
Iain

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Post by rustycylon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:05 pm

import tax is a pain isn't it, :cylon:

TK6598
Centurion

Post by TK6598 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:09 pm

rustycylon wrote:import tax is a pain isn't it, :cylon:

Tell me about mate!

All is not lost as I have been in touch with Brenda of kropserkel and she said their new shipper did not include the sword and scabbard for some reason so that's that sorted once it is shipped and the helmet was just me being frustrated so all is good in the world! :cylon:
Iain

rustycylon
Squadron Leader

Post by rustycylon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:57 pm

glad your getting it sorted.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:00 pm

I went a few rounds with a overseas buyer from eBay sales I made. The buyer thought I received the funds and wasn't happy at all over the entire ordeal. Bumper and the problems.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

TK6598
Centurion

Post by TK6598 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:46 am

Just waiting to hear back from Brenda/Kropserkel to let me know when the sword/scabbard is on it's way.

Tried it all on for the first time last night (I could not stop grinning when I looked in the mirror).A few differences from the mk.I Cylon in that the body suit was made to my measurements so its fits a lot better, the restraining chrome strap that was used to secure the chest armour is no longer there and the backpack is secured by attached Velcro to the back of the bodysuit which goes onto it's opposite number on the inside of the back section.
I have had to remove some of the padding from inside the forearm pieces to give me a slightly better fit and I am in the process of putting some cooling fans on the inside of the lid.

Still can't do a damn thing when the gloves go on but I do have enough 'free' movement in the gloves so I reckon I should be able to use the keypad that goes with the "Personal Sound Effect T-Shirt" I got from Think-Geek a month or so ago.

Either way I cannot wait to get out and about in the Mc.Toaster and at this time it is the only one in the ISS squad of the UK Garrison. Would love to troop alongside any more.

Will get some pics up when I get the chance and can con either my girlfriend Eleanor (she still just does'nt get this costuming lark) or my neighbour Glen to take some over the weekend.

One question I do have regards the front of the toilet seat that is in front of your neck - is it supposed to stick out or does it go flush against the top of the chest piece?Seen quite a few pics that show it flush and sticking out but just wanted to knew if there was a particular ruling or is it just personal preference.

Anyhoo! Looking forward to having the chromed complete at last and strutting it's funky stuff soon.
Iain

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:22 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:I had my rifle at all times at Galacticon 3. Just put it to the side when using the sword... And I loved the rifle. It gives that extra "umph" of "Cylon-ness." As for the bayonet ... I tried to keep on eye on it at all times - I did however almost get GoldCylon a few times ;) OOPS
I was wondering how I was stabbed. I didn't recall hanging out in some dirt old Human Motel. :lol:

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”