CORA and sourced parts Vs. Krop

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
Dargas
Centurion

CORA and sourced parts Vs. Krop

Post by Dargas » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Hi, I

Dargas
Centurion

Re: CORA and sourced parts Vs. Krop

Post by Dargas » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:25 pm

it seems that even with the sourcing of the parts CORA

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:38 pm

I would say for sourcing parts you are looking at a higher cost. The under suit, gloves, boots, eye each one of those could ring up a hundred or more a pop... The under suit MANY hundreds alone. Then like you said you suffer multiple shipping fees.

Chrome will cost you around $1,000 is my best guess.

Sounds like your best bet - thinking of cost only, would be Krop. Unless one of the fine armor builders on this site could offer a chromed price they do not have currently have advertised, worth asking if you are interested in a more 1978 1:1 accurate set if armor.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Dargas
Centurion

Post by Dargas » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Honestly I find Krop

Cy
Raider Commander

Post by Cy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:31 pm

I think the question you have to ask yourself is how accurate do I want to be? Personally I bought a Krop a few years back. They have improved over the years, however still fall short of the bar. Now if you just love cylons and want a pretty good looking one and dont want to be a craftman Go Krop. If you want to be dead accurate, your going to have to go the craftmans route and build your own. In the end they are both going to command quite a few pesos. If you go the Krop you will be upgrading. Trust me. You will see things you cant get past. You will want a better undersuit, you will want a backpack/collar, the Krop collar is soo bad it doesnt fit right and its easy to spot from a mile away. SO just my two cents worth.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Cy wrote:I think the question you have to ask yourself is how accurate do I want to be? Personally I bought a Krop a few years back. They have improved over the years, however still fall short of the bar. Now if you just love cylons and want a pretty good looking one and dont want to be a craftman Go Krop. If you want to be dead accurate, your going to have to go the craftmans route and build your own. In the end they are both going to command quite a few pesos. If you go the Krop you will be upgrading. Trust me. You will see things you cant get past. You will want a better undersuit, you will want a backpack/collar, the Krop collar is soo bad it doesnt fit right and its easy to spot from a mile away. SO just my two cents worth.
^ BINGO!
That answer is Cylon-Knight Mind APPROVED! ;)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Dargas
Centurion

Post by Dargas » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:14 pm

I

Cy
Raider Commander

Post by Cy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:05 pm

My friend, If you can have a screen used undersuit made for about 200 bucks, heres what you do. Have them made for people that need screen accurate undersuits and charg 300 bucks for them. you can use the other 100 bucks for shipping and still have about half of it for profit to help out on the cost of your armor. Win win for everyone.

Dargas
Centurion

Post by Dargas » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:02 pm

If mine results as accurate as it needs to be and there is an interest in them I may do a small run if there is interest of course.

To be quite honest I don

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”