How big is the Cylon helmet?

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
dme3o
Centurion

How big is the Cylon helmet?

Post by dme3o » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:46 pm

Hey all,

I hope this is the right place, but I've got several questions:

1) I was wondering how big the actual Cylon helmet is?
It seems rather small or snug if you can get your head in?
How did the actors put them on? Did they have to take the 2 halves apart and tape them together each time they put the helmet on?
Does anyone have measurements?

2) I know they made little drill holes for vision for the Stunt Helmets but how do the actors see when wearing the HERO helmets?

Thanks for your time guys and gals.

Edited for typos
:byyourcommand:

~Dme3o

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: How big is the Cylon helmet?

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:57 pm

1) It is pretty snug, yes. But it's not CRAZY tight. Vision? There really isn't that much - AT ALL. Vision is VERY poor in a Cylon helmet. Original ones were taped shut, I don't know if they put on new tape each fitting or just slipped it on. You can fit it on as a single piece -just watch those ears ;)

Measurements are around the site, and some pics in the gallery have rulers, etc. Run a few searches in the forum and you'll get some great info. Check the Gallery in the Centurion section http://www.byyourcommand.net/cylongalle ... php?cat=72 for all the pics. Red Eye has them all setup in easy to find spots so you can go to exactly what you are looking for.

2) The holes are lovingly called "Salt and Pepper Shaker Holes." They were the quickest way to add vision for the actor but in my view they result in Centurions having this funny "down looking" posture. Like you are looking over a pair of glasses, etc. But that's just me :)

Other vision options for hero helmets were a very narrow slit above the scanner. Everyone is focused on the red eye - not the narrow opening. I think there is a good pic of a slit/and a remake of it in Skullbeast's build thread.

Great questions! Important things to ponder as you start your build. Keep us posted on how it goes.
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

dme3o
Centurion

Re: How big is the Cylon helmet?

Post by dme3o » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:11 pm

Very informative! Thanks for the prompt, courteous and most informative response! I'll keep you guys posted as I go!
~Dme3o

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”