CYLON undersuit on order :-)

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:48 pm

Thanks for your efforts once again Dale. Don't worry about the refund, because as I mentioned I am likely to be offline for a fair while from next Thursday - so I wouldn't be able to access it anyway! I think getting the job back from her is the smartest thing.

I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you - as mentioned her failure to keep her promise makes her a liar, and I find it hard to sympathise with a liar.

Anyway I have waited a while for this suit so I am prepared to wait a while longer. Thanks again, Patrick

C1-978
Patrol Leader

Post by C1-978 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:56 am

Is this the only resource for the undersuit? Is there a detailed picture resource for the undersuit. If so, I will show one of the wardrobe seamstresses I know to take a look at it.....

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:59 am

C1-978 wrote:Is this the only resource for the undersuit? Is there a detailed picture resource for the undersuit. If so, I will show one of the wardrobe seamstresses I know to take a look at it.....
It takes a while to find someone to make the undersuit. I have been lucky to a degree. I have found two to make the suit, but I think they were over run by the amount of work it truely was, and have taken about 9 months longer than quoted in time.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:48 pm

Hello Dale,

I guess no news is probably bad news. I am still offline (currently in an airport) so I guess I will ask for an update on whether there has been any progress).
Thanks for your help again.

Patrick

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:27 am

Where are you at if your making contact from airports? Traveling Cylon salesman?.......I'll go check out what is going over the next few days.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:59 am

Hi Dale, My last post was made from Brisbane airport enroute to Adelaide.
I am currently in Melbourne heading home after visiting an old friend for her birthday. Don't know when I will next be online but I appreciate you chasing this up.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:24 am

Today would be a great day to chase the suit down, if it wasn't a holiday.
I next attempt at getting the status of the suit should be the last one. I should just pick it up regardless of status, and refund your money, or have a finished suit in hand. This has turned into a 9 or 10 month ordeal, what a joke on her part on keeping the build time to 2-3 weeks.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:01 am

Hi Dale, Just logging on in an internet cafe. I will PM you my new mailing address so you can send the costume when you are finally delivered it.
Thanks again for your efforts.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:30 am

Got it, thank you

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:44 am

I'd like to see a comparison between the sceen-used Cylon undersuit and the replica one. Dale, you're the guy to do it. Thanks.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:30 am

I have posted a photo in the Cylon photo gallery of the side by side, but only the replicia rib section in front on the real deal. Here is a suit I had made for Jim a WeGottaFindEarth.com below is me hold a section of the fan made in front my original suit.

C1-978
Patrol Leader

Post by C1-978 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:52 pm

That looks awesome!!!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:17 pm

Some reason Jim didn't want the patches sew onto the undersuit, but besides that, that suit rocks. Too bad it took so long to make, but worth the wait if you ask him, and me both.

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:59 am

I hope my undersuit will look like that one... but with patches, of course... :D

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:22 pm

Dale, great comarison pics. Did you make the replica suit or did your seamstress person make it? Also, are the 'ribbing sections' sewn onto the suit or glued? Please show any details of the ribbing and how it attaches to the suit. Also, what was the thickness of your replica patches for the undersuit? Are the patches the same as your original (thick and stiff) or the too thin kind that I've seen before? Post some pics of the patches, too. Thanks!!!

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”