Looking to built the near perfect authentic replica CYLON

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu May 25, 2006 8:48 pm

Well since William posted that old link from the Profiles in History Dec 16th auction on the Cylon, I went back and started searching via changing one digit at a time on the item number. 6578148086 to 6578148087 and so forth. I have been searching about 3 hours, and found two more original items to add into the eBay photo gallery. I found the Galactica landing bay matte drawing, and the Starbuck Viper with a Cylon Raider filming model's. It has taken some time, but thanks William for the lead.

Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:16 am

GoldCylon wrote:A current listing on eBay has a set of armor for sale. It has a few original pieces made for the show, but never saw screen used time. The chrome plating is dull as best, and shows signs of chips here and there. I have personally bought a few items from this guy in the past, but he has a horrible feed back record. It isn't a bad price, if you get the the set with out any problems.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26fvi%3D1
Hi everyone, well I picked up this auction and it has just been delievered. As Dale said the chrome has chips and shows signs of wear. But this is the start of my first cylon!! Now I think of it I probably should have looked at shipping to Dale first, but it would have still needed preparation so maybe not.

Now I need to prepare the surfaces and find somewhere here which will do the plating. The long road to cylon perfection hey! Either that or I could become junkyard cylon - no I don't think so either.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:13 am

Is that the Cylon from Eric in Florida with some screen made parts?

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:30 am

That's exactly it Dale. Now comes all the interesting work. But I guess it would be less satisfying if I just got it out of a box and it was perfect.

I was happy when it did turn up because it took a while, but all is well that ends well.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:41 am

I have bought from Eric in the past, and no problems, but man his feedback has really gone down since then. I was warned after the fact I was lucky I got what I bought, and it was as good as he said. I am glad yours showed up, and the quality is good enogh.
On the other hand, the gloves haven't gone out yet. The pair I was sending had a tear in them, I didn't see before. I am digging out an other pair, under a mile high stack of boxes. I'll have to get them out today, or tomorrow.
Now the part that showed up, any of clean, and shiny, or does an of it look good?

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:57 am

None of the stuff that I have got is too bad, but it certainly isn't cylon shiny. So I will have to look at refurbishing the lot.

Yes I was a bit worried when I hadn't heard from him for three weeks, but when he responded he was good and professional and the parcel arrived quickly. Plus it was nice to have a tracking number.

One slightly disappointing thing is that he hasn't provided any eBay feedback for me, despite me asking twice since my payment was processed. My stance is that once the seller has my money then my part is completed and he should respond with appropriate feedback. I have now placed back positive feedback for him but I am still waiting to get him to return the favour. I suppose that he has been burned in the past.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:39 pm

That is one thing I do, once I sell something and receive payment I leave a postive feedback. They earned it, they bid, and they paid. What else is there to do. I won't leave feedback for those that hold my feedback so called hostage till I leave for them. I bid, and I paid. I have nothing left to do in the transaction, and they expect a good feeback.
I noticed that some of those chromed parts looked cracked. I can't see the pieces all that well, but I have incounterd the same results in the method I use to chrome. I haven't let some of the parts dry enough before they were chromed, and then the clear coat protection sealed the fumes from escaping, and caused the chromed to shatter under the clear coat.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:46 am

Unfortunately I still haven't had any feedback posted and am now pessemistic about my chances of getting any.
I am uncertain whether 'Eric' himself is involved as although his name was in the email account, the one time a name was signed off it was a 'Rhonda'. Perhaps this is a business partner or ex-spouse - who knows.
Anyway the important thing is I got the armour and that it was exactly as described.
I can say that my experience with you Dale has been totally positive, and I have found you to be quick in your responses and very helpful.
Interesting your experiences with chroming. I will have to note that if/when I find a trades person to do the plating for me.

Patrick

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:23 pm

I would send Brisfx a PM, he is getting ready to have his screen used Cylon plated, and he is down under also.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:03 pm

Good idea Dale, I have already touched base with him once, but have been too busy with work to follow it up.
As the only other cylon to be down under it is exciting to consider that we could get together at conventions, ala the 501st, and reclaim the centre stage for the cylon empire.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:01 pm

Well if that ever happens, make sure he gets a photo. He just recently found a photo that was taken in 93 that he never saw, because he was in the Cylon suit. I undertstand that myself also, I was wearing a suit once, and I saw every flash, and nothing else. Never even a photo.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”