Anyone want a top notch 32 LED Cylon scanner for

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
BazookaJo
Centurion

Anyone want a top notch 32 LED Cylon scanner for

Post by BazookaJo » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:26 pm

Anyone who

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:19 pm

Hello Joe and welcome on board.
An online collector buddy and I have tried finding a source to build a low budget scanner that is accurate, but only one company came up to bat. They never did find the components needed to complete the project. I think they cut themselfs short $$$, so came up the lack of parts as a way to bow out.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

BazookaJo
Centurion

Post by BazookaJo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:50 am

Hi GC

This guy seems really quite genuine, and it sounds like the R&D has already been done.

Also, the price sounds ideal - the kit is about a 3rd the price of a Hyperdyne labs version (or a half if fully built), and the ability to attach between 8 and 48 LEDs gives the product some additional flexibility.

My only concern is the size. Slightly larger than the HyperDyne version, if attached to the front of the mohawk the back would protrude about 3cm into the helmet. I haven't got to the stage of padding as yet (I've barely started), but would think that should still be manageable - a pro like you could probably confirm this.

Anyway, if you want some Pics of the kit let me know.

Best wishes

Joe.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:41 am

Sure send some photo's, they would be great to see. I think I read you were having problem loading photo's. Do you have your photo posted yet? If so right click image loction to use as the insert in the posting.
Dale[/img]

BazookaJo
Centurion

Post by BazookaJo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:32 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Sure send some photo's, they would be great to see. I think I read you were having problem loading photo's. Do you have your photo posted yet? If so right click image loction to use as the insert in the posting.
Dale[/img]
Sorry, do you mean I have to post my photos somewhere on the web before I can show them? If so, what's the easiest way to do it?

Alternatively, I can email them straight to you if you'd like.

Regards

Joe.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:46 pm

If you send me the photo I'll upload it, then put the image on here.
GoldCylon@gmail.com

Dale

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:20 pm

Last edited by GoldCylon on Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

80sKidCylon
Raider Gunner

Post by 80sKidCylon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:36 pm

Hey Dale can you repost the PIC. Broken image. Thanks
William, Sandy and Connor Fong
www.80sKID.com Carpe Diem!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:43 pm

I renamed most of the folders, and have missed a few links posting.Thanks

CoolCylon
Patrol Member

Post by CoolCylon » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:30 pm

Anyone ever buy one of thos eye scanners?
Group 3 Section 1, 7 and 2, 8 arm and attack Atlantia

80sKidCylon
Raider Gunner

Post by 80sKidCylon » Mon May 01, 2006 12:38 pm

Thanks for the JPEG. Good price as-is but will pay more if the WARBLE side to side Red Eye sound effect is included.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon May 22, 2006 10:49 am

I recently removed my eye scanner out of the helmet. I has able to get a good look at the way the electronics and lights were set up. The entry board is on what is known as a bread board. No electronic PC board, just pin's and wires running from point to point. I am surprised it works looking at the lay out. Also looking at after market light boards I have notice, and had a mine set that the lights pointed out, while they pointed down. The electronics are taped down in the mouth area, in a small vac formed plastic tray. A wire harness of wires run up the side to the bulb section.

80sKidCylon
Raider Gunner

Post by 80sKidCylon » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:00 pm

Hi Dale,
It would be beautiful if there was an economical way to replicate the Red eye scanner exactly and with the options to ADD-ON the warble sound effects and download CYLONesque phrases to a CompactFlash card. Who can we talk to about building a prototype? Also we need this to be a wearable item. At least the option to wear and or fit on a mannequin. Open to suggestions.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:05 am

80sKidCylon wrote:Hi Dale,
...with the options to ADD-ON the warble sound effects and download CYLONesque phrases to a CompactFlash card... to be a wearable item.
Trust me, you don't want a "warble sound" constantly going in your wearable helmet. The echo will make you INSANE after a few minutes. Perhaps the warble could be in the chestbox or the backpack section. I'm still trying to figure a way to make this sound LOUD. Also, I'm trying to find a decent amplifier for the helmet voices (I may put that in the chestplate). Both sounds need to have deep bass to sound decent. How do you guys do your sounds for a wearable Cylon costume?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:19 pm

Galactifan wrote:
Trust me, you don't want a "warble sound" constantly going in your wearable helmet. The echo will make you INSANE after a few minutes. Perhaps the warble could be in the chestbox or the backpack section. I'm still trying to figure a way to make this sound LOUD. Also, I'm trying to find a decent amplifier for the helmet voices (I may put that in the chestplate). Both sounds need to have deep bass to sound decent. How do you guys do your sounds for a wearable Cylon costume?
Your correct about not in the helmet, that would drive you crazy after a few mintues. I installed on my replica suit one in the chest piece. I used a MP3 player, with a set of speakers with a built in amp. It was perfect, and was heard by all.

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”