Best place to put speakers for eye sound

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
Phil Oliver
Centurion

Post by Phil Oliver » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:26 am

Which is the best place to put the speakers for the eye sound? Inside the front plate or the backpack? I am thinking the sound would come better from the front but thought I'd see what most people do.

I picked up some small speakers at Future Shop - $13 - they have a very low profile. When I plugged them into my IPOD and played the eye warble mp3 (a very kind member of this site sent to me) and it sounded perfect. Next step is to find one of those kid's voice changer headset toys that has robot sound. I bet if you try and talk like a cylon into it, it would result in something okay enough to add to the whole effect. I've seen those kid's voice changers before - I just have to remember where. Probably Walmart will be a good place to start. I figure the headset ones are self contained and just might fit under a helmet or could be modified into a helmet. If I can't find the headset I know I've seen the megaphone kid's voice changers lots of places and I could always buy one (if they come with Robot voice), take it apart and modifiy it enough so it fits under the helmet.

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

Post by Skullbeast » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:31 am

Backpack- pointing forward

groupleaderzeta
Squadron Leader

Re: Best place to put speakers for eye sound

Post by groupleaderzeta » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:53 am

Many say chest, I think its more of personal preference, I used my mp3 player mowing the lawn, using my heavy headphones, barely hear anything not coming from the speakers, of the eye sound loop and found no problem tuning it out of my ears.

GZ

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:27 pm

I had my mini power amp, with a mini MP3 placed in the chest. Everyone heard it, and it drove me crazy about 1 hour later. That was 8 years ago long before the iPhone I would use now, with placement still in the chest with mini power speakers.

Omega Red
Phalanx Leader

Post by Omega Red » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:33 am

Can someone post a link on where to get the just the mini speakers? I'm trying to find just the round speaker but I keep pulling up the whole mp3 player w/ speaker.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:35 am

Omega Red wrote:Can someone post a link on where to get the just the mini speakers? I'm trying to find just the round speaker but I keep pulling up the whole mp3 player w/ speaker.
I don't have any idea the quality of this unit nor do I indorse it. It is just a link to refer to the type on speaker system I have used in the past.
http://www.techhail.org/gadgets/nokia-m ... obile/1612

Flyboy
Raider Gunner

Post by Flyboy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:56 pm

I use my speaker on my backpack.

Jenne
Flight Leader

Post by Jenne » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:01 am

I have a MP3 Player and a speaker in my Chestarmor.

groupleaderzeta
Squadron Leader

Post by groupleaderzeta » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:17 am

My speakers is in the backpack. I used Veho VSS-008-360GUM Gumball 3000 Edition 360 Portable Rechargeable Ball Speakers. Integrated Lithium Rechargable battery giving upto 6 hours of constant playback. I used a zip tie to hold it inside the backpack. when the helmet is on,, I can barly hear it, but others can hear it well. My sound comes from the helmet eye circuit board, power comes from the belt.

http://www.amazon.com/Veho-VSS-008-360G ... B0050BSV96

Image Image

RedaV
Patrol Leader

Post by RedaV » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:18 am

I have these for my eye sound and a separate set for recorded voices on random loop.

http://m.dicksmith.com.au/speakers/mosh ... -c7291web2

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”