Cylon Centurion from Manila

Tips, tricks, inside secrets, help, sources, items used on making the Cylon Centurion suit to wear. Tell us your story, how you came about collecting your parts to a Centurion, or if you own a complete Centurion costume.
dogtagsph
Citizen

Re: Cylon Centurion from Manila

Post by dogtagsph » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:10 am

So I've been slooooowly working on some of my armor parts lately. With my other 501st projects, family life and work constantly competing for my limited time, it would really be a miracle if I can get everything built and ready by this month-end wherein I plan to test-troop my armor at the Asia Pop Comic Con (APCC) 2017 here in Manila.

While I have yet something to show for my armor build, I have finished the design and production of my updated Cylon Rifle project. Now I know that it isn't screen-accurate but personally, I found the original design to be well... aesthetically unappealing (butt-ugly, but that's just me) so I redesigned it and made it a bit more "updated" but decided to retain the basic shape of the original. I made the stock more modern-looking then decided to add a scope, flashlight and some LED lights to make it look more realistic and fearsome looking.

I partnered with an artist who is extremely skilled in building props out of rubber foam which I specifically chose as my principal material for the build to ensure that the chrome finish of my armor would be totally safe from scratches.

Finally, after more than three weeks of our collaboration, here are the results:

Profile of the rifle. Notice the Cylon logo?

With the lights turned on...

How it looks in the dark...

Details showing the scope light and the flashlight.

Now I think am ready to exterminate those humans! Thanks for visiting! :)

:byyourcommand:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:11 am

Absolutely amazing design hybrid. I love it. It is a awesome cross honoring the original with great modern day updates looks, and feel.

Would you mind sharing the plans or detail on this build or would think about offering this for sale? :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:32 am

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:15 am

EXCELLENT work on the rifle. *wow* :shock:
:loveit:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

dogtagsph
Citizen

Post by dogtagsph » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks, @GoldCylon! Even if I could reproduce the rifle, I don't have any idea how I could ship it out of the country as most couriers locally wouldn't even touch firearm replicas with a ten-foot pole here. Anyway, I would like to share the plan that I've used in my build if there's anyone out there interested in building one.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Nice drawing, and that seems to give the details needed for someone to built their own rifle, but as for shipment out of the country. Offer it in kit form in pieces. It is not even a fake rifle at that point. :cylongold:

dogtagsph
Citizen

Post by dogtagsph » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:31 am

Another shot of the rifle, side by side with a DLT-19 for size comparison. :)

dogtagsph
Citizen

Post by dogtagsph » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:42 pm

So I was not able to finish my build in time for the Asia Pop Comic Con (APCC) 2017 Manila scheduled last weekend. For one thing, cutting up the pre-chromed Kropserkel armor kit was more nerve-wracking than I expected so I took my sweet time doing it. Unfortunately, while I was trying to be careful as possible, mishaps were inevitable and I've had a few unwanted scars on the chrome finish of my armor - nothing major but it still annoys the heck out of me everytime I see them. Just thinking of possible innovative ways to conceal them now (probably decals).

Also, in my mad rush to finish everything, I completely forgot to document my build and take photos. So far, here's a pic of my helmet build along with some of my trusted assistants:

A mixture of the armor the parts that I've already cut and a few others that need more refinements:

Working on the sword. What's the best way to join the two halves together?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 pm

One of the down side to a Krop suit is the pre-chromed parts before they are trimmed. A little insight if not to late tape of the area you re going to cut first. It helps in stopping the chipping of the chrome surface. Glad to see you recruited Troopers that can't hit the side of a barn. :nah: :cylongold:

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:44 am

Yea, very cool boots. IMO the weakest part of the original costume were the boots and lower legs, frankly. I wish they'd done something along the lines of what you did here, instead of spray paint. :salute:

Also, very nice rifle design. What did you do for the undersuit? Standard Krop?
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

Return to “Centurion Builders' Forum”