Observations

Muffit II can learn to be like a real Daggit, he's very smart... Tips and tricks and info from fellow Muffy fans on how to make a replica Muffit II.
Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Re: Observations

Post by Lt Rhea » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:21 pm

I agree, no amount of 1:1 replicas will ever "un-screen use" the originals. If I lived in a perfect world, I'd own an original Daggit and R2-D2...but I don't (i.e. I'm not a millionaire), so replicas it is. I want to make them as accurate as possible and information is what I need. I'm glad that Star Wars fans are more loose lipped with the details. I wish BSG prop owners were a little bit more. *sigh* :ugh:

~Lt. Rhea of the Blackstar Squadron

http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/

Swhite228
Centurion

Post by Swhite228 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Lt Rhea wrote: I doubt I'll ever be able to justify $100/$200 for a real kit. I hope someone makes a mold and does resin ones or something. I'd just like to borrow one to make something of my own from scratch.
That's what Gordon was going to do with the parts I sent him.
It might be possible to get those who own kits to cast the parts for the group like they do for those who are building R2 units. The sale of the cast parts would help the person to pay for the kit, and the casting cost.

The other option is for the group to start a mold library where a member with casting knowledge would be loaned the kit and make molds for the group. The kit owner would get the original parts back and a copy of the part loaned as a thank you.

Parts salesto the group would go to pay for the RTV and Resin with any extra money shared between the castor and the board to help cover time and hosting cost.

GoldCylon
Founder

Observations

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Tell me more about this pass around group. Sounds interesting.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Swhite228
Centurion

Post by Swhite228 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:35 pm

GoldCylon wrote:I saw two kits for sale today. One was a 1/25th scale, and the other 1/26th scale. Both run about $100 shipped, and two kits are needed unless on like part 12 on the inserted photo above you are able to cut out the hole needed. These are more than just the eyes, but the ears also.
The parts seem wrong for the ears.
The ears have a different shape and with the bend at the base it seems to be more work to modify the kit parts and form them than to just make them out of sheet plastic.
Attachments
eyes3.jpg
eyes2.jpg

GoldCylon
Founder

Observations

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:22 pm

On photo two what are the items on the left and right sides
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Swhite228
Centurion

Post by Swhite228 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:26 pm

GoldCylon wrote:On photo two what are the items on the left and right sides
Part 12 of the Wostok-1

On the pass aroung group an example here would be...
Cora makes 10 Cylon helmets
You offer to do the plating gold, or chrome
I offer a lighting kit.

Then in some one offers a pvc armature, someone else offers a undergarmet, and someone offers the gloves.

If it keeps up and the runs are small then each person knows what the cost will average and how much time will be needed for their parts to be made.

As one run of parts ends the folks offering stuff for the next run finish up what is needed and after a month the next group of parts is offered.
If run that way everyone interested would be able to build a cylon in about a years time. If for some reason they miss a part they need no worry as it will come around again.

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:35 pm

The pass around idea is very similar to what R2 builders have done in the past. Now it seems that the machine shops caught wind of the profit possibilities so they are making many parts available at once.

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:34 pm

I'd love to be able to have parts for daggits made and offered at a low cost. It would be so great to have the daggit building take off like the R2 building did. :)

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:20 pm

OH MY!
Is the world ready for a packs of wild daggits roaming the lands?! :twisted: :shock:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:57 pm

They're very smart you know, and they can learn to be just like a real daggit... :lol:

I know how awesome it feels to get together with the R2-D2 Builders club and have all our droids together at the same time. I'm imagining getting a bunch of daggit builders together and having our daggits all together for a group shot!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Who is going to bring the little baggies to clean up the nuts, and bolts piles? :nah: :grin: :huh: :blink: :lol:

Swhite228
Centurion

Post by Swhite228 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:08 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Who is going to bring the little baggies to clean up the nuts, and bolts piles? :nah: :grin: :huh: :blink: :lol:
I think the Goddard Builders group might be what you seek! :wink:

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Swhite228 wrote: I think the Goddard Builders group might be what you seek! :wink:
LOL!
Good one :P
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Mon May 16, 2011 9:19 pm

I was looking at a picture of the back of Muffit and noticed what looks like a "flap" of silver fabric at the neck, similar to the flaps above the knees.

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Tue May 17, 2011 12:40 am

Lt Rhea wrote:I was looking at a picture of the back of Muffit and noticed what looks like a "flap" of silver fabric at the neck, similar to the flaps above the knees.
pretty sure that is an under suit - I assume this because of the pictures I saw of just the chimp without the 'body parts'

Return to “Daggit Builders' Forum”