Welcome fellow Daggit lovers

Muffit II can learn to be like a real Daggit, he's very smart... Tips and tricks and info from fellow Muffy fans on how to make a replica Muffit II.
GoldCylon
Founder

Welcome fellow Daggit lovers

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks Cylon-Knight for starting up this section for the Daggits. In the past week I had the pleasure of seeing one of the screen used Daggits in person, but with my latest visit I had to sign a non dis-closer agreement with the details, and photos I took of the Daggit. I wasn't able to gather as many details I would have like to, but I did gather more information on the Daggit than I have ever seen posted. The big problem is till further notice on this subject I have to remain silent on this subject. Photos that have been posted already were posted before the paper I signed. When I can talk about this subject I'll jump in, and share what I can. One thing is I have already researching items, and have ID some things already in the short few hours I have been hunting these things down. With some luck I'll have more things ID shortly, but can't share till further notice. Thanks again, and good luck with those builds till I am able to sound off on this subject.
:frak:

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Re: Welcome fellow Daggit lovers

Post by Lt Rhea » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Why oh why are BSG collectors so tight lipped about stuff??? With the R2-D2 Builders club we've had no problem with people willing to share info and it was super easy to get 1:1 blueprints made up so our R2s could be just like (or better than!) the originals. With Daggits, it's much tougher. Of course, there weren't very many original daggits, but those who do have them don't seem willing to share info. I really hope that the "gag order" will be lifted soon and you'll be able to share what you know. I do know some of the parts used were from a model kit of a Russian space probe or something like that. And that the suit was worn by a young female chip called Evie. Other than that, I have very little info. What I REALLY want is measurements. I'd even be happy with something like "The base of the foot is _ inches wide by _ inches long...at least that would give me a reference to size!

:?

So, GoldCylon, did you bid on the daggit?
~Lt. Rhea of the Blackstar Squadron

http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:45 pm

@Lt Rhea do you know where the parts from a model kit are on the costume? On the eyes/back/etc. ... where are they?

I could ask around and mabye get an exact ID of the parts.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:02 pm

I believe it was the eyes, most specifically the sides of the eyes.

*EDIT* I just re-checked my Yahoo group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/daggitbuilders/) and it was indeed the eye bezels and it was from a Vostok spacecraft kit. At least, that is what the guy that posted the info said.
Last edited by Lt Rhea on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:03 pm

Lt Rhea wrote:
So, GoldCylon, did you bid on the daggit?
No I didn't bid on it. I was going to just to help push the reserve price, but I know of a few people that are going to push it so need for me to push it. It is out of my range at this time, at least on a short notice of that dollar amount.

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:26 pm

It would be a DREAM to own one of the original daggits, but anything over $50 is out of my range right now! :blink: I hope whoever ends up winning it is a true fan, belongs to at least one of the forums I belong to and is willing to share info! :)

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:30 pm

I'm not sure if you saw my edit above, but the eye bezels are said to be parts of a Vostok spacecraft kit. I'm assuming it is this one: http://www.nasm.si.edu/collections/arti ... 9930566000 which is discontinued, and expensive to get now.

This shows a nice side view: http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/VOSTOK ... 20PAGE.htm

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:17 pm

I have seen this model a few times, and under different spellings. I have no idea the scale on it either.

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:57 pm

I put together a comparison pic of the eBay daggit, a screencap of Muffit2 and a daggit that was auctioned as "original" and is now on display in a museum:

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:18 pm

Never thought a daggit would make it to the likes of the Cylon Empire but here we are...after all... it's a robot like the Cylons.

Truth be told the Daggit was one of those turn off things from the show but as I immersed myself further into my dorkness there was no denying the coolness of a chimp in a furry suit acting like a dog. I might even venture to work on a project like this (only because I want one biting my display Cylon's leg).

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 am

Yes, the daggit is like everything else in Classic BSG... it seems deceptively simple
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:58 am

I also remember that Gordon Smuder (a.k.a. spcglider) build a full-size Daggit some time ago:

Image Image Image

Perhaps he can help with some of the details.

He's also member here so just drop him a PM...
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:27 pm

I think Gordon did a fairly good job on using only screen caps, and what ever promo photo he could find, but clearly you can see he used the wrong color material. He even admits that error, but as for the build I am not sure how he did it compared to the original, but since that time I did supply him per his request detail photos on the Daggit from the Sci Fi Museum so he could compare to see the details he missed or needed to adjust to correct if he ever made an other attempt on a second build. Clearly a more play version of a Daggit.....the bright color.

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Well Gordo did a better job than I could do. :cylongold:
Goldcylon@cox.net

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Gordon is a member of my Daggit Builders' Group. I'm pretty sure it was Gordon that mentioned the Vostok spacecraft kit for the eye bezels.

Thanks for posting the link to that history of page. I didn't see that before. There were a couple pictures I hadn't seen before, so that is helpful.

The color of Muffit has been described as "Orangutan Orange" -whatever that really is! Sometimes, Muffit seems more brown, at other times he seems more orange... :huh: Depends on the lighting.

Return to “Daggit Builders' Forum”