Welcome fellow Daggit lovers

Muffit II can learn to be like a real Daggit, he's very smart... Tips and tricks and info from fellow Muffy fans on how to make a replica Muffit II.
Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Re: Welcome fellow Daggit lovers

Post by Lt Rhea » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:30 pm

Thanks for posting that about the model kit. I was just repeating what Gordon had said on my Daggit Builders' Group a while ago. Must be he found some updated info. :salute:

Edit: I read the RPF post and the Wostok and Vostok are the same thing...you just need to get the correct scale. Here is a quote from the post: "You need the 1/25th Eastern European kit"

~Lt. Rhea of the Blackstar Squadron

http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/

Swhite228
Centurion

Post by Swhite228 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Lt Rhea wrote:Thanks for posting that about the model kit. I was just repeating what Gordon had said on my Daggit Builders' Group a while ago. Must be he found some updated info. :salute:

Edit: I read the RPF post and the Wostok and Vostok are the same thing...you just need to get the correct scale. Here is a quote from the post: "You need the 1/25th Eastern European kit"

No problem, I don't want to see folks getting the wrong kit. The older space kits are getting costly and a few wrong kits can equal a months rent, or worse!
The RPF thread info was/ is a starting point and there is some info on it that might be wrong on it. If I remember it we were trying to identify the parts that made up the face of a dagit, and there were a lot of guesses.
When I was talking to Gordon about the parts he wanted he was very clear to me that he was looking for the Wostok-1 parts for the daggit he was building as I have 3 of the Wostok-1 kits( and probably need 6 more just for the rag tag fleet) and a couple of the Revell Vostok kits for other builds.
The Wostok kit sphere is in quarters unlike it's Revell counterpart( 2 piece sphere) and it takes 2 of the door parts to make the eyes of a dagit. Which means that 2 of the kits are needed.

For those who haven't seen the kits her is a small look at both of them

Even tho they are of the same spacecraft they are very different in their part layouts,detail, and size. The kits are different enough that part swaps aren't possible without major work.

Kit scans of the Plasticart/Nubee kit are here:
http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthre ... t=Wostok-1

Photo of the Revell kit parts is attached.

The Revell kit turns up on the Voyager ship in Space 1999 as well as a couple of other models from other Anderson shows. I have not seen anything on it being used on any Galactica prop or model, the Wostok-1 however turns up on a boat load of Galactica stuff.
Scott
Attachments
Revell vostok.jpg

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Hey Scott thanks for the updates. Is it possible to to do some point to the parts and ID what they are being used for on the Daggit, or what ever else fleet models are using these bits, and pieces. Again thanks.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Great info Swhite228!!! Keep on posting :)

To add to that - I know what the one little circle "out on its own" is (the one behind the three "rings" on the snout/upper lip area). It is a part that is also used on the Studio Scale Cylon Raider. Our own dbhs noticed it - THANKS!

I've got the "exact what it is" on a note at home. I'll start to make a Muffit Map for the parts as we find them all so others can bow down before our greatness! :shock: :roll:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Swhite228
Centurion

Post by Swhite228 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:36 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Hey Scott thanks for the updates. Is it possible to to do some point to the parts and ID what they are being used for on the Daggit, or what ever else fleet models are using these bits, and pieces. Again thanks.
Just off the top of my head...
Attachments
miscfleet and G2.jpg
tanker sides.jpg
galactica eye.jpg
eyes.jpg

Lt Rhea
Phalanx Leader

Post by Lt Rhea » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Thanks for that. It's fun to see/figure out what parts of our BSG universe come from where. :)
~Lt. Rhea of the Blackstar Squadron

http://costumesandartwork.blogspot.com/

Return to “Daggit Builders' Forum”