MY HELMET

Sometimes screen used costumes/props get split up! Baltar's pants are no longer with his tunic (as a set with one owner)... Centurions have no rifles... and so on. Collectors post up info on orphaned screen used items you own - and maybe its matching garment/prop owner will find you for a Battlestar reunion.

Should I build a separate display for this helmet alone?

YES
73%
NO
27%

Total votes: 11

Big Al
Command Centurion

Re: MY HELMET

Post by Big Al » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:35 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Ralph Massey was that artiest the sculpted and molded, and vac-formed the 1st set. He then moved on to a few other projects, and then left a short while after before the show even began filming.

So then after Massey made the first set, did they just mass produce the legions ant Uni's prop house?

By Your Command

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Uni bought their first vac-u-form machine (4x8) to make the Cylon suits in house. They still as of a few years ago still have the same machine. Yes they made the suits under the umbrella of MCA 57.

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:51 pm

GoldCylon wrote:Uni bought their first vac-u-form machine (4x8) to make the Cylon suits in house. They still as of a few years ago still have the same machine. Yes they made the suits under the umbrella of MCA 57.
MCA 57 also did the Miniatures too did they not?
By Your Command

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 pm

That was later when Hartland came about. That was when about 6 episodes were in the can when the move took place.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:02 pm

@FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
I voted for a different display - defiantly.
Putting a screen used helmet on a reproduction body - or even a 1:1 build as close as you can still leaves only the helmet screen used. And the "overall" 6' plus Centurion full body display would take away from a viewer focusing on the helmet - for how cool and special it really is Vs. the body that would either be a cheaper inferior build (save money) or an expensive @$$ copy that would be nice - but -still technically inferior a to screen used collectable.

Now, for the head display...
I have two views to offer up for a "dead head."
1. AS BAD - we love Centurions and presenting them as "dead" is a bit *ewweeee* What's next Centurion shrunken heads?! aaaak *runs away*

2. AS COOL use some big chrome and colored wire conduits, a few busted circuit boards (older the better - think 1978 and disco-a-go-go :mrgreen:), a few frayed copper wires and rainbow colored wires. Maybe use part of a wiring harness from the dashboard of on old Buick or something. Have all the connectors and electrical tape looking like
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:29 pm

[quote="Cylon-Knight"]@FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
I voted for a different display - defiantly.
Putting a screen used helmet on a reproduction body - or even a 1:1 build as close as you can still leaves only the helmet screen used. And the "overall" 6' plus Centurion full body display would take away from a viewer focusing on the helmet - for how cool and special it really is Vs. the body that would either be a cheaper inferior build (save money) or an expensive @$$ copy that would be nice - but -still technically inferior a to screen used collectable.

Now, for the head display...
I have two views to offer up for a "dead head."
1. AS BAD - we love Centurions and presenting them as "dead" is a bit *ewweeee* What's next Centurion shrunken heads?! aaaak *runs away*

2. AS COOL use some big chrome and colored wire conduits, a few busted circuit boards (older the better - think 1978 and disco-a-go-go :mrgreen:), a few frayed copper wires and rainbow colored wires. Maybe use part of a wiring harness from the dashboard of on old Buick or something. Have all the connectors and electrical tape looking like
By Your Command

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:06 pm

I would make an honorable display of just the helmet for now. Assemble a complete copper guy and have that on a dummy. If you are able to collect the parts of an original do that as well but in the mean time you can enjoy a copper guy and sell it off later to recoup costs of the origianl parts... or just keep it all like I would.

If you do decide to complete the helmet with fan parts I would not re-chrome it. Byt the pictures it looks in decent shape and rechroming it wouldn't help it any.

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Ok, I'm getting the idea that I should give it it's own display... lol... Thanks for the input guys. I was slightly leaning that way anyway. Great ideas, C-K! :cylongold:
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:37 am

I just discovered some pics posted over at wegottafindearth.com of my helmet I guess I must have shared years ago... I think in the 'reference photo' section.

Anyway... here's a few more photos:
Attachments
000.jpg
0.jpg
eye mech glow.jpg
4.jpg

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin
It’s my birthday

Post by Red Eye » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:43 am

Wow, awesome photos!

Thanks for sharing. :salute:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:30 am

:cylon: Here is another example of a display

[attachment=0]Cylon Display.jpg[/attachment]

Not very creative but I thought you would like to see it

:byyourcommand:

Attachments
Cylon Display.jpg
By Your Command

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks Al. :salute: I am thinking of doing a bit of a cylon neck and a few wires from underneath. But I wonder if I should just have a case all the way around it or have a panel of some kind behind it? If a panel, it should reflect something cylon from the show... maybe some sort of louvre panel, tying it in with the raider front window? suggestions?
Last edited by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE on Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:42 pm

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE wrote:Thanks Al. :salute: I'm learning that this MAY not actually be screen-used, but at least it's been verified to be a production-made piece. :cylongold: That being said, I think I don't have to present it specifically as a movie/TV prop artifact. I am thinking of doing a bit of a cylon neck and a few wires from underneath. But I wonder if I should just have a case all the way around it or have a panel of some kind behind it? If a panel, it should reflect something cylon from the show... maybe some sort of louvre panel, tying it in with the raider front window? suggestions?

Well a complete case would keep the dust of of it...And I like your idea...I also thought John's Idea was pretty good as well.
By Your Command

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:16 am

@FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE - the louvre panel would be a good tie in, yeah. The Centurions are full of them - mouth, chest, and the Riaders were done to echo that.

Another idea - how about a "1978 cheesball computer bank" - of MANY blinking lights? You could make it pretty cheap with some Christmas chaser lights all mounted out of sequence (so they wouldn't chase, but blink in a random-ish pattern). Some new LED mini lights should look Cylon-ish/Sci-Fi enough? Little more "boo ya" for your display (AND CHEAP) ;).

Either that or maybe a black and white photo/blue print-ish or something of a Centurion. Maybe a big sexy Cylon Pentagon logo - or heck, even a cool star field print out of some bargin "outer space" picture book under some plastic or even laminated would do the trick and also cheap.

Maybe have the base mirrored so a person can see up inside the helmet. I'd do the fully enclosed case like Big Al said. Better safe than sorry (knocked over or orange juice spilled on it :shock:). Plus you wouldn't have to dust it as much. :twisted:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:32 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:@FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE - the louvre panel would be a good tie in, yeah. The Centurions are full of them - mouth, chest, and the Riaders were done to echo that.

Another idea - how about a "1978 cheesball computer bank" - of MANY blinking lights? You could make it pretty cheap with some Christmas chaser lights all mounted out of sequence (so they wouldn't chase, but blink in a random-ish pattern). Some new LED mini lights should look Cylon-ish/Sci-Fi enough? Little more "boo ya" for your display (AND CHEAP) ;).

Either that or maybe a black and white photo/blue print-ish or something of a Centurion. Maybe a big sexy Cylon Pentagon logo - or heck, even a cool star field print out of some bargin "outer space" picture book under some plastic or even laminated would do the trick and also cheap.

Maybe have the base mirrored so a person can see up inside the helmet. I'd do the fully enclosed case like Big Al said. Better safe than sorry (knocked over or orange juice spilled on it :shock:). Plus you wouldn't have to dust it as much. :twisted:

John, I think you need to make one too!..... :nah:
By Your Command

Return to “Screen Used Orphans”