MY HELMET

Sometimes screen used costumes/props get split up! Baltar's pants are no longer with his tunic (as a set with one owner)... Centurions have no rifles... and so on. Collectors post up info on orphaned screen used items you own - and maybe its matching garment/prop owner will find you for a Battlestar reunion.

Should I build a separate display for this helmet alone?

YES
73%
NO
27%

Total votes: 11

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: MY HELMET

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:39 am

whoooo! It would be fun. I'd have to get a second helmet. I just might after finishing my costume build. I have saved (blush) WAAAY too much "stuff" for making such stuff like this. You know, glue on this do-dad, and that gear thingy and some wire looms, paint it black - POW - sci-fi looking coolness! I guess I do need to use it all someday, good idea Big AL!!!

I'll have my current helmet on my suit *ONE DAY* when it is all done, for a full body display. Maybe I'll have him doing a pose?! Hummmm *SUPERSTAR* :cylon: :roll:

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:39 am

Great ideas! :)
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:44 am

FYI, I amended an earlier post because I DO believe this to be screen used. I have learned that there were many different ways of assembling these helmets and with different types of the same hardware, etc. At one point, after showing this here, I did not realize this fact and temporarily doubted it's origins. :cylon:

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:29 am

Hey I can't remember if I asked this already, but what was the original voltage that the screen used eyes ran on?
I ask this because I connected my helmet (here) to a big 6 v battery and it runs fine, but it seems a tad dim. If I ever make a display for it I want to run it and maybe be able to plug it in to a wall receptacle. But I don't want to fry the electronics. So a transformer is the likely solution. But transform the voltage to what?
Last edited by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Screen Used Orphans”