BattleStar Galactica: The Second Coming Trailer

It was the seventh era of mankind. 20 yahrens had passed since the last Great War. A civilization was reborn. An enemy had grown. And now a new generation will have to face an old foe.
Jimbo890
Citizen

BattleStar Galactica: The Second Coming Trailer

Post by Jimbo890 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:10 am

Has anyone see this trailer that Richard Hatch made a few years ago, before the new TV series was even launched? He showed it a few times a t conventions, but now it seems to have disappeared. Is there a version floating around on the net? I'd love to see what 'might have been' With the original Apollo, Boomer, and some others from the TOS show.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:38 am

My understanding is that Richard still shows the 2nd Coming trailer when ever he is at a convention. That is the only way he can really play it. Most of the people involved in the making of the trailer weren't paid, and since they are in titled to union wages for work they have done it can't be show expect in a private forum. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing it yet, but I have seen small clips that were filmed, but discarded in the editing room.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Jimbo890
Citizen

Post by Jimbo890 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:40 pm

I'm just surprised it has not 'leaked' onto the net by now. Since that Second Coming is not ever going to be made, and is the last thing 'Baltar' did before he died, it's a shame it has not shown up somewhere.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:54 pm

I am surprised it hasn't made it on the web also. Even a camcorder version I thought would have made it by now. I guess Richard has a good secruity team working the floor while it is playing.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:56 am

I saw the Battlestar Galactica: Second Coming Trailer in July 2004. It was a strong attempt from Richard Hatch to persuade the 'powers to be' to continue along the original Galactica storyline. Unfortunately, as we all know, this didn't happen and we ended up with the reimaged new Sci-Fi series Battlemuck Galacticrap (you get my point).

In the Battlestar Galactica: Second Coming trailer the special effects were very good, but the best part was to see most of the original cast reunited again. Richard Hatch continued the original story forward as though the Galactica has still been searching for Earth all these years. The Battlestar Galactica: Second Coming trailer is definitely something any original Galactica fan should see. I know that Richard Hatch was also pushing his Great War of Magellan trailer at the same time (I saw that too). Both of these trailers were meant as a starting point for investors to create a new tv series.

Richard Hatch doesn't own the Battlestar Galactica property rights, so he cannot distribute his Second Coming Trailer on the Internet or video (or he could be sued). Just a note Richard had a DVD-/+R that he used to show his trailers. After he showed the trailers he took questions from the audience. He kind of freaked out for a couple minutes after the question and answer period because after the viewing one of the event staff rolled away the DVD player with his Second Coming disc still left inside! He quickly tracked down the cart and got his disc back. That would have been more than enough time to make a copy (but it didn't happen). I would email Richard and encourage him to come to your area and bring his Second Coming trailer along for fans to see. Unfortunately, in my opinion, I don't think it's a priority of his now that he's a guest on the new Galacticrap series.

Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming could have been an excellent tv series thus honoring the original concept of a once great series...the original Battlestar Galactica.

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE
Squadron Leader

Re: BattleStar Galactica: The Second Coming Trailer

Post by FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:16 am

I agree completely. I'm sooo late in coming to this... 5 years after the previous post!!! But IMO it STILL holds up. :cylongold:
:cylongold: "SEARCH FOR WRECKAGE... LEAVE NO SURVIVORS..."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Re: BattleStar Galactica: The Second Coming Trailer

Post by Big Al » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:06 pm

FLIGHTLDR SERPENTINE wrote:I agree completely. I'm sooo late in coming to this... 5 years after the previous post!!! But IMO it STILL holds up. :cylongold:
So Say We All :byyourcommand:
By Your Command

Return to “Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming”