The Razor Cylon CGI blooper ??? or 3rd Cylon??

The TV movie based on the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica - the story of the Battlestar Pegasus several months prior to it finding the Galactica.
GoldCylon
Founder

The Razor Cylon CGI blooper ??? or 3rd Cylon??

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:08 am

OK I was reviewing details of the new Cylons. In a posting of an interview on Galactica.tv with Gary Hutzel he makes reference about two Cylon designs. "The Centurions were completely redesigned. We had a ground soldier and a pilot. The ground soldier was stockier and had a lot more ammo and the pilots were lighter weight with more chrome and reflectivity."
Note that minor chance in the arm armor section, the more husky build, the chain mail hanging off the chest, and then the most notable change the original style battery belt has been changed over to ammo clip holder.
Now take note of this what appears to be a CGI blooper. The pilot Cylon (yes he just landed in a clip before) comes into the storage container and has the look of a pilot, but has empty ammo clips instead of the newer default battery belt. Now is this just a mistake on the CGI editing guys, or is there even a 3rd redesigned Cylon.

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:32 am

Great pick up Dale! I hadn't even noticed the 'variation' on the ground soldiers, so your post gave me a new insight - I will have to pay more attention!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:14 pm

I have studied the photos a lot, in order to see what they difference are. The detailed photos are limited, because of the lack of close up screen shots of the Cylons in action. I have done as many screen caps I can that show details, and posted them for review in the Razor Photo Gallery http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/Razor I might have missed a few, but these are about the best I can find to study the detail difference. If anyone else has more to offer I will gladly host, and post them.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: The Razor Cylon CGI blooper ??? or 3rd Cylon??

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:21 pm

I think the issue is concept art Vs. final production fx.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Tinman
Fallen Centurion - R.I.P.

Post by Tinman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:55 am

I think I have found another one. Going over some photos of the Razor Centurions I was useing for a phoject I noticed the same thing in multiple shots of the Centurions...... almost everyone of them HAD A HOLE IN THEIR HEAD when viewed from a certain angle! In several of them including the shot below it was easy to see the actual background through the hole in the helmet. A MAJOR "fopaugh" for the CGI wizzards I would think! :frak:

:byyourcommand:
TINMAN

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:06 am

WOW great eye, for eyes Tinman ;)

It seems like the path the red light should travel is missing a bit, yes indeed! I wonder if they think it looks like a reflection in the eye - or if it was an error and part of the CGI has a construction flaw???

EPIC FIND! Good work.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

goldcylon1
First Centurion

Post by goldcylon1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:41 pm

Tinman wrote:I think I have found another one. Going over some photos of the Razor Centurions I was useing for a phoject I noticed the same thing in multiple shots of the Centurions...... almost everyone of them HAD A HOLE IN THEIR HEAD when viewed from a certain angle! In several of them including the shot below it was easy to see the actual background through the hole in the helmet. A MAJOR "fopaugh" for the CGI wizzards I would think! :frak:

:byyourcommand:

Nice catch :cylongold:
Goldcylon@cox.net

Return to “Razor”