GalactiCon head count

The Cylons are out to rule the world. If you have pics from a Con - or info on an upcoming event - post them here.
Huttman
Patrol Leader

Re: GalactiCon head count

Post by Huttman » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:35 am

For me, dressing up is a huge part of the fun. Posing for pics for kids of all ages and being able to simply be part of a "live" part of the universe. my only experience is with comicon and a few of the others where dressing up is part of the fun. People look forward to seeing people in costume too. If i was just a fan going to galacticon3 i would surely hope to see some walking chrome toasters, pilots etc around. The 87 bucs for Silver I can do, but the other 200 is going into my cylon ;)

-At what age should you tell a highway that it is adopted?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:10 am

Amen Huttman! Well put!
SO SAY WE ALL!

:cylon: :cylon: :erk:
:byyourcommand:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:22 pm

I have a question for the group...

SO, I am pondering going - of course - and I will have to get my Centurion suit done (OF COURSE!).
So the question is... how do you travel with a Cylon rifle, pistol and sword these days - if you are going to fly?

Do you have to pack it a certain way for the airlines to carry it? Fill out forms or give some special notice?
Or are they items I shouldn't even try to take?

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:30 pm

First off to help avoid problem like that, and the extra cost the airlines will charge, and then the hassle of carrying it with you coming, and going i'd just ship it to the hotel you are staying at. The shipping rate will be cheaper than if you have to pay to bring it on the plane, and you can insure it, and track if you use say UPS. It will be waiting for you will you check into the hotel. As for the rest if you decide to bring it on the plane. Just tag it toy, and orange tape the tips or barrels.

Huttman
Patrol Leader

Post by Huttman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:04 am

Or be like me and Drive! lol
-At what age should you tell a highway that it is adopted?

Monolith21
Centurion

Post by Monolith21 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:32 am

Popping over from Blackstar for a bit to say we need as many of you there as possible. Our pilots need the target practice! :salute:

Seriously though, there is some fun stuff on the horizon with this event! More news to come shortly.
"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." -Albert Einstein

Spectre
Patrol Leader

Post by Spectre » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:23 pm

Monolith21 wrote:Popping over from Blackstar for a bit to say we need as many of you there as possible. Our pilots need the target practice! :salute:

Seriously though, there is some fun stuff on the horizon with this event! More news to come shortly.

Yep--some REALLY fun stuff!!!!!
Oh, FRACK! But I didn't say frack, I said the Queen Mother of all dirty words! The F, dash, dash, dash, dash word!

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:17 pm

*BUMP* all you Cylons and Lowly Humans ;)
We are amost to t-minus 90 days - that's right, already in the double digits!

Tonight, I am officially a go.
Me and my best pal have our tickets bought, our hotel room set. Only a rental car Raider left to finalize but I'm too tired tonight... and I need to ponder the pick up time/logistics more.

I will see you all there, RIGHT?! :twisted:
:cylon: :cylongold: :salute:

P.S. I printed out my Costume Contest entry form too... no one else can enter, so I can win. K? SUPER!
(Just kidding! Now, now... don't get your chrome plated panties in a bunch. :lol:)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Yeah now we are talking. Chrome up, and grap the rifles. We are going Colonial hunting.
:cylongold: :huh: :cylongold:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:42 am

Cylon-Knight wrote:*BUMP* all you Cylons and Lowly Humans ;)
We are amost to t-minus 90 days - that's right, already in the double digits!

Tonight, I am officially a go.
Me and my best pal have our tickets bought, our hotel room set. Only a rental car Raider left to finalize but I'm too tired tonight... and I need to ponder the pick up time/logistics more.

I will see you all there, RIGHT?! :twisted:
:cylon: :cylongold: :salute:

P.S. I printed out my Costume Contest entry form too... no one else can enter, so I can win. K? SUPER!
(Just kidding! Now, now... don't get your chrome plated panties in a bunch. :lol:)
Congrats on getting your tickets! LOWLY HUMANS BEWARE!

And now, get this Centurion ready, will ya??? :wink:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Monolith21
Centurion

Post by Monolith21 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:51 am

I've got a question for you all!

I'm slated to cover three panels at the con. One for Blackstar Squadron, one for GalacticaGear (for all TOS BSG costumers, Cylon and Colonial) and one about...Cylons.

The only problem is I do not own armor. Anyone here that is going want to volunteer to talk about the trials and victories of building armor? I can moderate the discussion.

The general costuming panel is open as well. I'll be talking a bit about the community of BSG costumers.
"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." -Albert Einstein

Monolith21
Centurion

Post by Monolith21 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:01 pm

I should also say I booked this with you guys in mind! I saw the opportunity and didn't want to miss the window. I hope I didn't step on any toes.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:06 pm

Oh yeah there will be a few people from The Cylon Empire present at the Con. I already agreed to be a part of 2 panels and at the Cylon Raider display.
Image :cylongold: :cylongold: :cylongold:

Monolith21
Centurion

Post by Monolith21 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:32 am

GoldCylon wrote:Oh yeah there will be a few people from The Cylon Empire present at the Con. I already agreed to be a part of 2 panels and at the Cylon Raider display.
Sweet! We spoke a few months back, I wasn't sure if you were still in. WHEW! I was starting to sweat it. I'd really be winging it on the Cylon armor. lol I want to chrome up one day (though I'm a bit on the shorter side), but I haven't even begun to climb that tree.

Wupsje
Centurion

Post by Wupsje » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:22 am

I would love to go, but the plane ticket alone will cost me $923,- on top of that, a couple of days hotel, ticket for the CON and food..
Mweh, not going to happen..

Return to “Conventions and Get-Togethers”