Planet Comicon KC

The Cylons are out to rule the world. If you have pics from a Con - or info on an upcoming event - post them here.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Planet Comicon KC

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:42 pm

I know that no one here is "that local" to me... I've never been to a MAJOR Comiccon on one of the coasts - but there is actually one convention in my area!

http://www.planetcomicon.com/

I'll be there this weekend with my best friend and promise MANY photos.

But *cries* I don't have my Centurion suit done, so I'll be dressed as a human ;)
I will however be wearing my BYC.net ringer T-shirt!!!
:byyourcommand:

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Planet Comicon KC

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:28 am

Your assignment is to gather all the intel you can on other Cylon's, and recruit them, and have fun while you are there. :cylon: :salute: :cylongold:

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:02 am

Hope you'll have fun there!
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:32 pm

:byyourcommand:
I plan to stay for the costume contest... and watch it.
So I know what to expect next year - WHEN I WIN IT! HAHAHA :cylon: :twisted:

Photos will be posted after I get home - w00t

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:37 pm

And so my fellow Cylons - As Cylon-Knight says:
"Photos, or it didn't happen!"

*YEAH! A CON IN MY AREA - GO AMERICAN MIDWEST* :P

So, I meet my best friend and we spent the day walking the vendor fair and going to panels, etc.
Great fun! And Great pics... here we go...

*Imagine awesome theme music... *

ImageImage
Left: THE LINES! There were several, presale line. One or Two Day cash only... and One or Two Day cash or card line.
Once we found the right one, it still took time to get in.
They mentioned in the Edward James Olmos Q&A intro this has been the biggest Planet Comicon KC ever.
I believe them - it was a lot more busy than last year. I LOVE IT! Maybe next year will have even more stars.

Right: Yep, even Elvis was at the Con... WHY WEREN'T YOU?!! :roll:

ImageImage
Some of the 501st "working the line." A great Clone and Biker Scout (who was a girl... note the hair).

ImageImage
Left: Jabba always gets the girls. How does he do it?! :roll:

Right: A guy in front of me to see Felix was going for all three Buck Rogers stars autographs on one pic... AWESOME!

ImageImage
Left: THE MAN! Felix Silla! He was great, and when I was getting his autograph I asked him how the Lucifer costume worked.
Here is the answer from "Lucifer himself!" He said it was a harness setup that went on his shoulders then down and strapped around his chest/waist, etc.
And it went up held the head and such. At 3' 11" he saw out of the mid chest area. I didn't ask him about the arms...
I'm sure he just worked them with dowel rods or something, they wave around so odd has to be like that - very puppet like.

ImageImage
Left: The Buck Rogers gang got together for a pic with another Con goer. Erin is turned sideways when I took this pic.
Felix was on a chair to be in the photo. Erin made some "height" wise-crack and Felix told her to "shut up" ... all in good fun.
You can tell they are all still three good friends. Gil helped Felix jump down from the chair - he is still petty agile for a guy his age.

Right: It's Jake Lloyd - young Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode I: the Phantom Menace. He's older now (but not much taller! OH MY! I'm so mean. :twisted:)

ImageImage
Awesome 501st helmet displays. *WANTS*

ImageImage
Awesome 501st members in costume.
(Note: They had a banner type background for photos... is that something the Cylon Empire should think about doing for our Galacticacon III invasion?
I think it was a cool idea. They stood in front of it and con goers could go up for a photo with them and you didn't see the "mess" con background in the final photo.)

ImageImage
By far the most popular costumes at the con were from Dr. Who. Here a group of Who's complete with K-9 stopped a Jawa and asked if he would "Steal their droid" a fun photo.

ImageImage
Left: If you don't know, check to see if you are alive?! lol
Right: A VERY COOL Mandalorian. He had all sorts of studs in the helmet, and chain mail... a Warrior type of Mandalorian.

ImageImageImage
Here is the Atrium at the Convention Hall. I was standing up against the wall. Took a photo to the left, straight ahead and to my right.
So you can see what the room was like. This was just before Billy Dee Williams Q&A.
It was the same room Edward would later be in (with a few more people packed in the back).

ImageImage
Left: Lando himself! Mr. Billy Dee Williams! w00t

Right: Three of the four guys that make "The Men of Action" Production Studio - the creative force behind "Ben 10"

My Lunch. :P
EAT QUICK - TOO MUCH TO DO/SEE!

ImageImage
Left: Superman and Lando. Side note: Superman and Lois Lane sat at a table with my friend and I for lunch (crowded).
Lando happened by and wanted to get a photo of himself with Lando. Yes, I have lunch with Super Heroes... who doesn't?

Right: Iron Man. This was cool, he had lights in the chest and palms. He could light them on or off as he wanted. The helmet open / closed too.

ImageImage
Left: Getting ready for Q&A with Edward James Olmos!

Right: See the shadows behind the curtain... who could it be?!

ImageImage
WHOOOO!
Now, let me tell you my fellow Cylons -Edward James Olmos was great to see in person. He is so smart, a great speaker and really interacts with the crowd. You can tell that he's a great person - I think why he is such a success. Interesting to talk to, to hear his stories and thoughts about real life war and human strife, to what his favorite Mexican food is. AWESOME. If you can ever go see him at a con - DO IT. Plus at the end of his talk he stood up thanked everyone for being there he was REALLY enjoying Kansas and then said... "SO SAY WE ALL" - which the room echoed back (all HUNDREDS of us). And like in the show he said it again with more "punch" and we echoed back Louder, then again LOUDER! and AGAIN LOUDER!!!
So Frakkin' Cool! :) :) :)

After Edward it was back to the Vendors for a bit... look what I saw!

COSTUME CONTEST TIME!!!!!

ImageImage
Left: Some Batman fans!

Right: OPTIMUS PRIME! (Note, this was a woman not a man/kid... and she later won best in show in the contest!)

ImageImage
Left: The children! Twelve and under, they were all great.
Winners: (they picked three winners, no first, second, etc.)
-Star Wars: Ahsoka Tano
-Little Predator
-Little Jango Fett (the host told him to be careful getting back up on the stage... "Don't loose your head" ... HAHAHA!)

Right: Groups: There was a Batman group, Avengers (Marvel), Dr. Who group, and a group of Star Trek girls.
-Second place: The Batman group
-First place: The Avengers group

ImageImage
Left: Villains (I guess where I'll be next year... why are Cylons so miss-understood :twisted:).
-Second place: Captain Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean)
-First pace: Darth Maul (and his costume was NICE!)

Right: Males.
-Second place: Lando Calrissian
-First place: Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean). MAN he had "the walk" down too. Spot on.

The Women.
-Second place: a character from "The Hunger Games"
-First place: Klingon Warrior (Star Trek)

And as I mentioned before Optimus Prime was Best in Show (I found that odd as she didn't win her individual category, but I'm not on staff there!)

My wrist band was SO worth it - and it did me good...
I got to see so much, meet Felix, have lunch with the last son of Krypton, Listen to Billy Dee and Edward and got two VERY SORE feet!!
...I can't wait for next year!! HURRY UP NEXT YEAR!

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Looks lie it was a hit. Plenty good sized place for the panel area. Great costumes all around, but nothing BSG :sad: , but that is just a small part of the Sci Fi world. Great photos, and nice report on the Mid West taking control of the fans of Sci Fi.

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:52 pm

cool pictures - thanks for sharing!

Skullbeast
Outpost Commander

Planet Comicon KC

Post by Skullbeast » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Man the flash Gordon lion man figure brings back some memorys. I had that.
You sure had more fun than me. I been on a brutal Comcast commercial last week, I'm whooped!!

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Thanks for the report (and photos, too). :wink:
"There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive the Alliance is threatened."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:15 am

The below is from Jenne...
Cylon-Knight wrote: ImageImage
Left: THE MAN! Felix Silla! He was great, and when I was getting his autograph I asked him how the Lucifer costume worked.
Here is the answer from "Lucifer himself!" He said it was a harness setup that went on his shoulders then down and strapped around his chest/waist, etc.
And it went up held the head and such. At 3' 11" he saw out of the mid chest area. I didn't ask him about the arms...
I'm sure he just worked them with dowel rods or something, they wave around so odd has to be like that - very puppet like.
Jenne wrote: Thank

cblackthorne
Centurion

Post by cblackthorne » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:14 am

Hello,

I live in Missouri myself, but I didnt make it to Planet ComicCon this year. I heard it was alot of fun.

Im hoping to make it next year so I can show off my Dr. Doom costume.

Regards,
C

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Absolutly Awesome......But I did not see one Cylon?.......
:cylon: :cylongold: :erk:
By Your Command

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:01 pm

@cblackthorne - DR. DOOM! Awesome. One of my favs, next to Iron Man. Hope you have a killer cape with it. Dr. Doom's cape is where it is AT!

@Big Al - no, no Cylon. I will be the first, and last one, they see next year. ;) :erk: :erk: :erk: :cylon: :erk: :erk: :erk:

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:47 pm

I believe it cannot be a true Comicon if there are no Cylons....... :( ......Maybe over the next couple of years we can invade them!...lol :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon: :cylon:
By Your Command

Return to “Conventions and Get-Togethers”