Blood and Chromed delayed again?

SyFy's thrid try at the BSG universe.
GoldCylon
Founder

Blood and Chromed delayed again?

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:23 pm

http://io9.com/5834264/battlestar-galac ... -webseries
Not cool, but then I am not paying the bill. So here we go again in the Galactica world. Always pulling the plug to early.

Big Al
Command Centurion

Re: Blood and Chromed delayed again?

Post by Big Al » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 am

GoldCylon wrote:http://io9.com/5834264/battlestar-galac ... -webseries
Not cool, but then I am not paying the bill. So here we go again in the Galactica world. Always pulling the plug to early.
That's too bad....I think these people that are in charge of the BSG saga are out of touch...

It's all about the money not the legacy or the fan base....they need to take some direction from the Star Trek people.
By Your Command

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:40 am

The Star Trek second movie has been pushed back too. They all stink.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:51 pm

Delayed off the TV!?????

AOL TV is reporting that "Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome" may not end up on the boob tube anytime soon. Or even at all. Syfy president of original programming Mark Stern hinted during San Diego Comic-Con last month that no decision had been made on the ultimate fate of "Blood & Chrome," and there's a good chance it could be shown through the same medium you're reading this story.

Filming on the pilot is complete, but a good portion of the special effects are not, Stern told the site last month. Because of that, there is no immediate plans to give the show an air date, and if it does come to television, it almost definitely won't be in 2011.

The idea could be to try out "Blood & Chrome" as a backdoor pilot, similar to what Syfy did with "Battlestar Galactica" back in 2003. However, the difference here is that "Battlestar" was a four-hour miniseries, while "Blood & Chrome" will simply be a two-hour movie.

And while "Battlestar" had to face tough comparisons with the classic 1978 series, "Blood & Chrome" not only would have to live up to the hype that follows "Battlestar," but also pick up the pieces of the franchise broken when Syfy unceremoniously pulled the plug on the reincarnation bath of "Caprica." Syfy not only cancelled that show, but inexplicably pulled the remaining five episodes off the schedule and released them on DVD before showing them in a marathon.

Airlock Alpha has reached out to Stern for comment on the story, but he has yet to respond.

Article Link

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:15 pm

According to this posting by Doug Drexler on his blog, production work on B&C is "near completion". So it looks like it's still on, just delayed some.

However, no confirmed word if this is still planned for full televised release or if it's going to remain relegated to webisode status (the last known state of this project). Doug said this of his participation in B&C: "I have never been prouder of anything that I have ever been involved in". Now, this could be the usual studio line that all production personnel engage in, but I've never known Doug to be big into that kind of Hollywood puffery. As always, I will reserve judgment until the final credits roll, but this show sounds like it's going to be quite good, and it even has some of the more hard-core TOS fandom buzzing in interesting tones.
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:07 pm

Thanks for the update ,137th Gebirg! Thank you for the info/link. Rock on!

LarryDale140
Patrol Member

Post by LarryDale140 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:10 am

Hi

I will believe it when I see it!!!!

Larry

Return to “Blood & Chrome General Discussion”