And it begins

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:16 am

Source: NBC / Universal

Production has begun in Vancouver on Syfy

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: And it begins

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:45 am

I bet it dies faster than Caprica did. SyFy will mishandle it and put it on and off the air for months then back on, etc. Insanity.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:52 am

I don't think so. They spent a lot of time, and money scanning everything from the 2003-2009 series. I think that the studio leaned towards this series more than Caprica, but gave Caprica a chance to just go with the flow of the series people wanting more, the announcement of the movie. I think this show has a bit more budget control, but it needs to be a real kick @$$ with a lot of hope movie with high ratings to go to the next phase of a series. I see a great chance here to but some SciFi back into SyFy.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:56 pm

A scanned set will just be background detail, if they mess up the story/characters all that will be for not.
Don't get me wrong - I want Blood and Chrome to be awesome and succeed, but i have little faith in SyFy...

They are just as likely to broadcast GIANT ANT - or 45 episodes of Ghost Hunters in a row, or wrestling for days than anything as cool as BSG or it's spin offs. Ronald Moore was the heart of nuBSG, he was not involved with Caprica and I don't think he's working on B&C either... so I'm being cautious. I'll be there watching every episode though, when SyFy does show them (or puts them out on DVD before showing them, which is lame).

LastBattlestar
Centurion

Post by LastBattlestar » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:31 am

This sounds fantastic! I can't wait to see the Galactica again, damn I shed a tear seeing her fly off into the sun, but who didn't? :D

Movie? Did I miss something on that subject? I thought TNS was brilliant, but I still want to see a TOS movie on the big screen.

Mike
'Helm, make ready to move. Flank speed and fuel be damned!'

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:57 am

LastBattlestar wrote:This sounds fantastic! I can't wait to see the Galactica again, damn I shed a tear seeing her fly off into the sun, but who didn't? :D
Indeed, it was so sad. We Cylons couldn't try to blowed it up anymore! :( :twisted:
LastBattlestar wrote: Movie? Did I miss something on that subject? I thought TNS was brilliant, but I still want to see a TOS movie on the big screen.
If a motion picture ever does happen it will be toward the original Battlestar side of the BSG universe as Glen Larson owns the movie rights to BSG. He'll use is own characters, not RDM's/SciFi (SyFy) redo.

The big part of that is "IF" it happens. It's been 33 years and still zip....

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:12 am

I think because this is more like a war movie setting over a drama (soap opera) like Caprica was this will be more action packed, and that will draw in the viewers. Since only hand props, and costumes will be needed the over head of building the expensive sets will help make this a more profitable show. Leaving the overhead lower means they don't have to preform with super high ratings to keep it on the shelf. I don't expect the actors list to be nearly as long as any of the Galactica shows, but will have a lot of back ground and 2nd string actors. If they keep a tight budget, and a good script the show will draw people in, and then they can expand the actors, and sets as time, and money allows if it makes it to series after the movie.

Return to “Blood & Chrome General Discussion”