Space: Above and Beyond

Space Above and Beyond a single session series that was on the FOX network in 95/96 based off Marines in space fighting the Chig's.

P.S. also visit SpaceAboveAndBeyond.tv a great site for info on SAAB.
GoldCylon
Founder

Space: Above and Beyond

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:49 am

Does any remember the 1995/96 TV show on the Fox Network?
Anyone have any props from that show?
I have a Hammerhead cockpit that I am restoring for a new movie production that will be used in a Sci Fi movie.

CoolCylon
Patrol Member

Post by CoolCylon » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:30 am

Yeah I saw that a few times, very cool, anything to show off?
Group 3 Section 1, 7 and 2, 8 arm and attack Atlantia

daggitgirl
Citizen

My Daggits Play with Screen Used Space above & Beyond Pr

Post by daggitgirl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Heres the link to my page of my Daggits playing with SAAB screen used props! http://www.mydaggit.com/Page18.html
www.mydaggit.com - Plush Toy Daggit fan site with pictures, stories, clothing, and props.

Galactifan
Flight Leader

Post by Galactifan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:12 am

"Space: Above And Beyond" was a GREAT tv series. It reminded me of the Space Marines from the Aliens (1986) movie. It's too bad SAAB was cancelled after only one season. We never found out what happened to the surviving 58th Squadron!

cybertrooper
Raider Pilot

Post by cybertrooper » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:44 am

Actually the pilot of the show was filmed at the base I work on at present.

I must say that I wasn't impressed by the first few shows, and stopped watching it early on. Years later I picked it up and found that it got a lot better as it went on. It is a shame that science fiction shows often get the axe just when they are developing into something good.

That said they should have worked out if they were grunts or pilots - one of the things which turned me off early.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:30 pm

The guys that produced the show never really had a chance, it was a minor clause in their contract with Fox that let them have the show, and then once, and if the show was canned they had to return back to X - Files, so it was a loose loose no matter what happened. The rating were kept low by moving the air dates around a lot, and even thou it was nominated for 3 Emmies it was canceled.

Starbuck
Raider Gunner

SA-4 Hammerhead

Post by Starbuck » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:15 pm

may be interesting to some:
I have the new X-Plane 9 flight simulator, which is breathtaking.
Among other cool downloads I have gotten from their website to fly on the sim (such as the Colonial Viper) I have the SA-4 Hammerhead, which is true to the show. She's a beaut' to fly and can hover and has directional thrusters her rail-guns and missles are impressive. I recently shot down a B-52 on the sim with her rail-guns.

Return to “Space Above and Beyond”