Convention Items - Handouts

The name of the Cylon trooping group.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Convention Items - Handouts

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:28 am

What should the Cylon Empire have to "offer" at a con? What sort of printed handouts/flyers/cards/games?

For Kids:
-Coloring sheet?
-Word search game?
-Connect the dots game?
-Do we bother with kids?

For Older Kids ;)
-Info sheet on the Cylon Empire costume club & By Your Command.net forum?
Have that in single page/single color (as in CHEAP) flyer format? Or maybe have it in a business card format?

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: Convention Items - Handouts

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:37 am

I am not sure if a show 25-30 years before kids were born would really care much about the Cylon's, or BSG really, They might like the shinny armor, but not really sure much more than that.
I drop a line to one of the event organizers to get some details to start to help lay out a map of the event for The Empire.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:43 am

GoldCylon wrote:I am not sure if a show 25-30 years before kids were born would really care much about the Cylon's, or BSG really, They might like the shinny armor, but not really sure much more than that.
I drop a line to one of the event organizers to get some details to start to help lay out a map of the event for The Empire.
I know kids today wouldn't drool over TOS Cylons, no. But, the people who would be interested will most likely have their own children with them. And what better way to get them to be quite for a bit than to have them do some worksheet while their parents can slobber over Cylons!
The 501st have such "kid" handouts, but I doubt many 8 year old kids get 1:1 Stormtrooper or Vader costumes for $1,000+ a pop.

More info from Galacticon III organizers would be cool, but this is a more general "what to do" thing. How can we promote ourselves outside of any one single/specific con.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:55 am

I sent a message off to all the board members of GalacticCon 3 asking if details were available yet, and if I could get information a group gathering point for trooping, non vender table, and a section for photos. I get back once I find out some details.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:58 am

Rock n Roll.

Return to “The Birth Of The Cylon Empire”