What would you like to see in the new Galactica?

Talk about Tom DeSanto's attempted Battlestar Galactica remake.
GoldCylon
Founder

Re: What would you like to see in the new Galactica?

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 pm

I was wondering the same if it was going to be a hold over piece for Blood, and Chrome. I'll shake a bush or two, and see what I can find out.

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:48 am

Since the last post here was Nov. of 2010 ....I take it the project never got off the ground.
By Your Command

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:43 am

If you ask anyone connected to the project they put on the face and say "Yes it is", but everyone else can tell it isn't.

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:58 pm

It may be in the trash can but with our growing numbers we can basically make the movie spite all te bickering going on. There's always "Gary - The Motion Picture".
Seriously, hybrid actors and CGI cylons would probably be where it goes to keep the human appeal. ALso as far as staying true to the original - it just wouldn't happen. Different designers and sensitivities will never get it to that point. I hope it at least holds the same reverence to the original as Tron Legacy did to the classic Tron.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 pm

:shock: GARY - THE MOTION PICTURE! :shock:

w00t
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:20 pm

Hand-Schaub wrote:It may be in the trash can but with our growing numbers we can basically make the movie spite all te bickering going on. There's always "Gary - The Motion Picture".
Seriously, hybrid actors and CGI cylons would probably be where it goes to keep the human appeal. ALso as far as staying true to the original - it just wouldn't happen. Different designers and sensitivities will never get it to that point. I hope it at least holds the same reverence to the original as Tron Legacy did to the classic Tron.

I would Agree to everything you say.....Except like the new Star Wars trilogy.....It would not have the same feel of the original....You are right!...New Technologies...Different sensitivities....Different Designers.....and you will always see the "NEW" with their own touch or spin on the old. and lets face it the original people and their ideas will not be perfectly re-created because it's a whole new dynamic of people....even if some of the original people are involved as Tech advisors!.....Tron Legacy was pretty good and followed the story line. but I didn't get the same feeling as I did from the first movie......the new CGI stuff was so very cool....but I felt ...as hard as they tried ...they had lost the feel from the first movie...The new Star Wars trilogy was fabulous!...but it did not give me the same feel as the first one!
By Your Command

Big Al
Command Centurion

Post by Big Al » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:27 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote::shock: GARY - THE MOTION PICTURE! :shock:

w00t

YES!!!!!!!
By Your Command

Return to “DeSanto's Battlestar Galactica 2011”