for those who know how to unfold in pepakura

RoboCop past movies, builder info and buzz on future projects. Omni Consumer Products Approved!
gremlin
Flight Leader

for those who know how to unfold in pepakura

Post by gremlin » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:05 pm

hay i dont know how to unfold in pepakura as of yet and need time to learn but insted of sitting on these files, i can offer a good set of .obj files of the robo armer. and if anyone is interested maybe they can post the unfolded .pdo files for us (hint hint hint :D ). let me know if anyone has the time and know how to tackle these files for i hate to see them unloved when so meny could benifate by them. oh and the credit for the .obj files goes to nintendodude... and he is haveing health issues so he said he can no longer do the work of designing and unfolding so he released the files for those who can...

GoldCylon
Founder

Re: for those who know how to unfold in pepakura

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:36 pm

I only made 1 attempt on petka and it was off scale. Never have tried anything else but sounds cool if RoboCop can be in paper.

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:42 pm

GoldCylon wrote:I only made 1 attempt on petka and it was off scale. Never have tried anything else but sounds cool if RoboCop can be in paper.
i am not fimiliar with petka... but with pepakura you can change the scale to fit you and there are tutorials out there on how to do it but all you really need to know is cm because it uses metric other than inches... should i post or do you think it will be a waist of space...

groupleaderzeta
Squadron Leader

Post by groupleaderzeta » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:46 pm

I use pepakura vary often, most of my props and even the IL head project is done this way. check it out at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1234&start=90, scroll down about midway.

Pm me what you need. I should also state there are unfolded robo files on the net, I forget the site at the moment

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:25 pm

groupleaderzeta wrote:I use pepakura vary often, most of my props and even the IL head project is done this way. check it out at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1234&start=90, scroll down about midway.

Pm me what you need. I should also state there are unfolded robo files on the net, I forget the site at the moment
:shock: oh i know about your IL Head and been following it and i love it.
if you remember the site let me know but doing a quick search didnt come with unfolded parts(maybe is a wording issue on my part) but i did find better pdo file parts when /if i find time i will try and tackle the unfold and post...thanks

groupleaderzeta
Squadron Leader

Post by groupleaderzeta » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:48 pm

here is link to the file pack I have.

http://www.4shared.com/file/yv1jwS7a/RO ... O_2010.htm

and a screen cap of what in the pack

If you have better files of the pieces, let me know, I am wanting a the best I can find
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg

gremlin
Flight Leader

Post by gremlin » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks, those were the ones i found last night after you said there are files unfolded on the web... these files are the best i found by far but they are still unfolded :ugh: but thats ok these files will be easier to work with then any of the files i have so thanks for pointing me in this direction. i just got to find the time to learn and i am going to do it darn it... :grin:

groupleaderzeta
Squadron Leader

Post by groupleaderzeta » Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:27 pm

when you unfold watch closely to overlapping parts. I ended up reprinting a project because I had many overlapping parts. they seem to crop up near hard curves and recesses.

Return to “RoboCop talk and builders info”