Netflix is Stupid

Anything Classic Galactica that just doesn't fit into the other subjects.
piRatemaster
Citizen

Netflix is Stupid

Post by piRatemaster » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:37 pm

You see, I want to post here, but it's really hard to jump into a random conversation that isn't two years old. So here's a random fact that will begin a new conversation.

Battlestar Galactica (1978) is on the list of shows to be removed come January 1st. Netflix is very stupid.

Here's a little story about my experience with Netflix: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I play Battlestar Galactica online. Talk to me if you want to meet up there, fellow Cylon.

Story of the day:
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Re: Netflix is Stupid

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:30 am

Time to go buy the blu-rays. :D
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:40 am

137th nailed it. Amazon has the series both on Blu-ray and DVD currently on sale. Don't forget Galactica 1980.

Sadly, the majority of the Netflix customer base is no doubt more interested shows that are not pushing 39 years old... and/or new, original content.

Good topic. Keep posting. Two?? We have threads here 11 years old... The Cylons took over the Internet more than a decade ago, soon we'll take over the world! :twisted:
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:43 pm

I was just arranging my disc collection of all BSG related shows. I have over 15 versions of sleeved material I can watch that include the 1978, 1980, 2003 mini series, 2004 series, and the bloopers, and cons. That doesn't count any VHS or Beta tapes I have.

piRatemaster
Citizen

Post by piRatemaster » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Cylon-Knight wrote: Good topic. Keep posting. Two?? We have threads here 11 years old... The Cylons took over the Internet more than a decade ago, soon we'll take over the world! :twisted:
Destroy indigenous life! Galactic Conquest! In the name of his eminence the Imperious Leader! :evillaugh:
I play Battlestar Galactica online. Talk to me if you want to meet up there, fellow Cylon.

Story of the day:
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

johnnybear
Raider Commander

Post by johnnybear » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:27 am

Before we reach the two year deadline! Has anyone ever noticed the difference between the region 1 discs packaging of G80 and the region 2? The US got a picture of the cast and it was the same in Australia, all we got was a dull cover which depicted the Galactica in orbit around the earth!!! Pretty boring, no imagination! :wtf:
JB

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:52 am

Honestly I'm just grateful that Universal even bothered to shell out the money for a G80 disc set at all. There was a time when I never thought I'd see it again.

To continue with Netflix frustrations, it has been rumored that Disney is soon going to be pulling all Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm properties in favor of their own streaming service.

Yes, another streaming service.

I've already been forced to watch the horribly-designed CBS All Access streaming app just to get the new Star Trek series, Discovery. This will just be one more. They've already cancelled Luke Cage and Daredevil (the latter almost earning a full five-stars of viewer reviews) and I suspect Punisher and Jessica Jones are not far behind. I am quite disgusted.

:ugh:
Last edited by 137th Gebirg on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:58 am

G 80 did offer up some cool stuff now and then. Too bad the script wasn't on the same page as the props.

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:00 am

Absolutely! The Cylon A/B Raider was one of my favorite ship designs and the two-seater Viper was a very logical progression on an already excellent design.

Really could have done without Doctor Zee, though.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:10 am

When this guy shows up you know the show is doomed. Recall him as cousin Oliver from the final season of Brady Bunch.
Robbie Rist G80 Brady Bunch fame.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:03 pm

:frack: :shock: ;)
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Return to “Anything Classic Galactica”