Unintentional Cylon Items

Anything Classic Galactica that just doesn't fit into the other subjects.
RavenLX
Raider Pilot

Unintentional Cylon Items

Post by RavenLX » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:52 am

I didn't know what to call this thread but I thought it'd be neat to start one where we can post photos of things we see in stores or just around where we live, work, etc. that remind you of Cylons. What inspired me was (of all things) Nail Polish! I do some painting/art work of different mediums and I found this in the drug stores and didn't realize it until I got home how "Cylon" it is! Look at how they did the top/lids with the "grid" part!

These are Wet-n-Wild Fast Dry nail polishes in Gold, Black and Silver (Image attached).

Anyone see anything that could be considered Cylon? I know some have made Cylon pumpkins and coffee pots, toasters, etc. I'm not talking about those items that are "intentionally Cylon". I'm talking about happy accidents such as the design of the caps on these nail polishes.

Let's see what we can come up with! Maybe you don't know anything off hand but keep your eyes open and cell phone ready! :cylon:
Attachments
CylonNailPolish.jpg
Cylon Nail Polish?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Unintentional Cylon Items

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Great idea, RavenLX. Love this thread - good start!
I'll be watching for something to add.
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

RavenLX
Raider Pilot

Post by RavenLX » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:29 pm

Thanks. :)

Some ideas to start folks off:

Quanset buildings, air vents, interesting sculptures, bottle or other decorative caps (as I've come across)...

To be fair, I think it should be ok to link to photos on the web too, I guess, in case you can't find anything in your own home or local community.

Hand-Schaub
First Centurion

Post by Hand-Schaub » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:17 am

'nuff said

ok - I'll elaborate, father creator with his creation which undoubtedly looks like a Cylon in many respects including its shiny exterior and scalloped engine cover.

oh - and yes... that IS MY car... not just any DeLorean, but the very one that sits in my garage as I type this. Am I bragging... yes.
Attachments
delor.jpg

RavenLX
Raider Pilot

Post by RavenLX » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:34 am

Cool you have one of these! Can you show the scalloped engine cover? Also can you describe more about the picture in how it reminds you of Cylons? It would be neat to learn more about this.

RavenLX
Raider Pilot

Post by RavenLX » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:55 am

This isn't an "item" but it is pretty funny. Our esteemed Imperious Leader of the USA:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ?hpt=hp_c4

Look at the President's face! LOL! I know he probably is dreading this picture but the shape of the mouth looks like a Centurion!

Cylon534
Phalanx Leader

Post by Cylon534 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:51 am

Zartan's Shoulder Pads... :cool:

Return to “Anything Classic Galactica”