U-87

The new direct to DVD release spin off show bases before the Cylon war. How the Cylons came about, and how the war started.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

U-87

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:52 pm

In Caprica, near the end, the robo Cylon has a close up.
On what will become the top center of the chrome chest plate - there is writing:

U-87

So, what do you think that stands for? I know my fellow Cylons here will have some ideas... let's hear em!

My Ideas:
:arrow: U-87 - Maybe it stands for Unit 87, there are 86 OTHERS somewhere - a mini army already created?
:arrow: U-87 - Maybe is stands for Unit 87, there were 86 tries to get this one working unit and it is the only one?

Any other ideas?

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:07 am

I saw that U-87 also, and even spoke to a few original BSG fans that stopped by house. I thought Caprica was a good show, and the Cylon U-87 was a cool touch. Not yet have we ever been exposed to a Cylon unit/model number expect with the skin jobs. This is a cool idea, but to bad it was never mentioned in the past. That little disk drive in the chin piece a great touch also. I really dig these new tweaks that have been done so far. 2010 for a new episode/show is a long ways off to see the new things that are to come still.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:14 pm

At the end when the Cylon is on the table. The camera is panning around. I THOUGHT there was some "armor" plates in the background. However I think it is some other type of robot torso.

I think we'll see some armor plates soon on the U-87. Maybe some partial plates going on - like a prequel C-3PO or something.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:15 am

Time to go back and watch the tail end again. I missed a few thing like what Cylon stands for, and that reflection.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri May 01, 2009 10:56 pm

If I remember right it is:
Cybernetic life form node

Return to “Caprica General Discussion”