Caprica DVD news!

The new direct to DVD release spin off show bases before the Cylon war. How the Cylons came about, and how the war started.
Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Caprica DVD news!

Post by Cylon-Knight » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:39 pm

(Below is an exact copy of this link http://scifiwire.com/2009/02/caprica-dv ... s.php#more in case it goes offline or moves)

Caprica DVD details revealed; also, new cover art and stills

Universal Studios Home Entertainment announced that Caprica, the prequel to Battlestar Galactica, will drop exclusively on DVD on April 21 as a two-hour movie and precursor to the SCI FI series. The company also unveiled new cover art for the DVD and a few new stills.

The DVD will feature a limited-edition uncut and unrated version of the pilot movie before the series' broadcast premiere on SCI FI Channel in 2010. Caprica is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick and Remi Aubuchon.

Bonus features will take viewers behind the scenes of the creation of Caprica and include commentary with director Jeffrey Reiner, Moore and Eick; deleted scenes; video blogs; and the featurettes "What the Frak is Caprica?" "The Director's Process," "The V Club" and "The Birth of a Cylon."

Set over 50 years before the events of Battlestar Galactica, Caprica depicts a world at the peak of its power, grappling with new science and technologies and the issues they create. The series stars Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales, Paula Malcomson and Polly Walker.

Universal Cable Productions will begin production on the Caprica series in the summer in Vancouver, Canada, for a 2010 television premiere. The DVD of Caprica will carry a suggested retail price of $26.98.

"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

nashslash
Flight Leader

Post by nashslash » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:43 am

Most interesting... Good find there.
www.battlefield-online.net

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:13 pm

I only hope for the best with this show, but I am afraid it will be a disappointment for the Galactica fans since it is like a soap opera drama type TV show not a SciFi show we are used to. It will have limited showing as a cameo of the original show of the Galactica, but I have no idea what type of showing of the Colonial fleet, or anything else.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:32 pm

But it should have much more "classic" type centurions in it - at least at the end of the show probably ... with the starting of the first Cylon war. There's a plus - more neo-classic stuff :)

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:01 am

Yes the classic Cylon's, and the Galactica both will be back on the TV, just not broadcast TV.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Caprica will broadcast - they are just putting it out on DVD before it airs (odd I know, but that is what it says). Perhaps they think they will sell more that way - since viewers are like "oh, I've SEEN that already."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:46 pm

It was supposed to be a limited released series, but this DVD release has thrown me for a loop. I think it is a flop because if it was a good, or great show it would be out ASAP to collect on the wave of the mass numbers watching the current show close up its run.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: Caprica DVD news!

Post by Cylon-Knight » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:29 am

December 21, 2010 you can buy Caprica 1.5 on DVD

"Season 1.5 features the series

Return to “Caprica General Discussion”