I am a Cylon, no really I am, at least on film maybe....

This is a section of the forum to say what is on your mind. Make us aware of things going on in your area, or praise or warn of sellers, etc.
GoldCylon
Founder

I am a Cylon, no really I am, at least on film maybe....

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:20 pm

I had a awesome few days down in LA and arrived back home early today. I met some new friends, and also met some people I have known via email a while, and also dropped off armor to be chromed, but I think one of the best things that happened to me was meeting Kim Baily. Kim was lucky enough at the ripe age of 18 while still in High School was hired to work on BSG back in 78. The production of the show had already begun, but he came in and worked his magic. He showed me his work, and told me the story. The design of the screen used version of the Colonial blaster is his work. Kim showed me the master pattern that was submitted to be the final version of the screen used blaster. I also saw the original cast piece that was the blaster charge unit aka the bullet. Kim has done very impressive projects in his career including BSG, Space Above, and Beyond, Star Trek, Alien Resurrection, Solider, and the list goes on. Below is a photo of a patch he gave me. It is his design and a patch he made while on the set of SAAB. He made 50 of these patches, and handed them out to the guys that worked for him. Later on the costuming department asked for a few of them, and in some of the later episodes the patch was used so I have a production used patch. I marked out a small bit of the patch in order to keep it some what of a secret, since I haven't been given the OK to publish this photo. I will add the blaster photos later on when I transfer them over.
Attachments
SAAB Aero tech Bailey.jpg

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Re: I am a Cylon, no really I am, at least on film maybe....

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Cool news... would Kim like to be an Honorary Cylon Empire member?!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:43 pm

The dude was a Colonial Fleet props guy so no way he could be a Cylon member, but then that was over 30 years ago, so forgive, and forget.

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:11 pm

I found out a lot more yesterday, and was confirmed to be in the film. A few details need to be worked out, like I won't do this for free, but I also found out that I'll be working with Byran Singer. Man that rocks, and that alone I might do it for free, but hold it I need something. Can't loose money on this Star Trek gig.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:51 pm

Cool news. Don't forget us Cylons here! :P lol

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:53 pm

Plenty of pictures, and I'll even try to run my camcorder a bit for back ground behind the scene things.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:56 pm

Be sure you mention "Cylon-Knight is sooooooooo cool" on your Interview for the DVD 'the-making-of' extra :twisted:

GoldCylon
Founder

Post by GoldCylon » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Alrighty now, so lets see here is my buddy Cylon-Knight, yeah yeah this is him in the thumb nail......oh isn't he so cute....LoL. The red eye's give him the flashy eye look :cylon: :lol:

Return to “Rant and Rave”