Cylon AB Raider

Cylon Ships - a Raider Resource. Model builds and ship info.
Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Cylon AB Raider

Post by Red Eye » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:23 pm

OTIST on the Resin Illuminati model forum build that beatuiful replica of the advanced Cylon AB Raider from "Galactica 1980"...

http://www.resinilluminati.com/showthre ... =Galactica

Is there anyone else who plans to build a replica of that cool-looking ship?

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:20 pm

WOW, that site is AWESOME. I've just spent 2 hours going through some of it. Great resouce for Raiders and any other type of model.

Thanks for the link!!!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Red Eye
Cylon Empire VIP & BYC.net Gallery Admin

Post by Red Eye » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:53 am

You're welcome! :wink:

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Re: Cylon AB Raider

Post by 137th Gebirg » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:31 pm

Probably not going to make one, but likely going to upgrade my old schematics now that good new source material is available. Always loved this design. One of the few good things to come out of G80, IMHO. Here's my original set of line drawings:

http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/image ... _cylon.jpg
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

Cylon-Knight
Site Administrator

Post by Cylon-Knight » Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Great art, 137th Gebirg!
"All Baseships are now in range to attack the Colonies."

Tinman
Fallen Centurion - R.I.P.

Post by Tinman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:38 am

137th Gebirg wrote:Probably not going to make one, but likely going to upgrade my old schematics now that good new source material is available. Always loved this design. One of the few good things to come out of G80, IMHO. Here's my original set of line drawings:

LOVED your schematic drawings of BSG stuff ever since I ran across them years ago. Your redo of the GALACTICA is a work of art Sir! <S>!

How about doing some more Cylon stuff as well to add to the collection. Maybe some of the fighters from the 2003 BSG Video Game or perhaps some of the ships from the charts I put together.

Looking forward to seeing the redo of some of your old material.

<S>!
TINMAN

137th Gebirg
Flight Leader

Post by 137th Gebirg » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:49 am

Tinman wrote:
137th Gebirg wrote:Probably not going to make one, but likely going to upgrade my old schematics now that good new source material is available. Always loved this design. One of the few good things to come out of G80, IMHO. Here's my original set of line drawings:

LOVED your schematic drawings of BSG stuff ever since I ran across them years ago. Your redo of the GALACTICA is a work of art Sir! <S>!

How about doing some more Cylon stuff as well to add to the collection. Maybe some of the fighters from the 2003 BSG Video Game or perhaps some of the ships from the charts I put together.

Looking forward to seeing the redo of some of your old material.

<S>!
Thanks much for the kind words, sir! :salute:

Yes, I was definitely planning on a redux of the AB Raider, plus the standard raider. Saw the charts, and it doesn't look like it would be too hard to make more detailed versions once i have a good baseline - many of the components are interchangeable across the designs. And it appears that you have posted my production base-star schematic that I did for the re-release of the original comics in trade-paperback form here, which actually gets everyone up to speed with what I've done in the past. Once I get some more schematics done, I will definitely post them here. Some of my future projects that I REALLY want to tackle:
  • Eastern Alliance Destroyer (one of my all-time favorite ship designs, third only to the TOS Big-G and the Enterprise Refit)
  • Colonial Shuttle
  • Re-do of the AB Raider
That should keep me busy for a while.
I may appear unoccupied to you, but at the molecular level, I'm really quite busy.

Return to “Cylon Ships - a Raider Resource”